Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Sad how such a great OL has been reduced down in such a short amount of time. Smith is still decent but a shell of himself, Fredrick is gone, Martin has caught the knee/ankle injury bug and then his back. Williams supposedly bulked up but still got pushed around. They will need to start drafting OL this season, and the next few seasons will probably have to rebuild the talent that Garrett wasted.
Garrett also took their offensive line coach away from them as well. His issues with Bill Callahan led to his departure, and none of the replacements were as good. The Paul Alexander hire in particular was an unmitigated disaster and all on Garrett

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Having two legit 300 pounders who can play in front of them will help a lot.
It changes everything. No more smoke and mirrors front seven— if they get some rotational depth.

McCoy is aging and Poe is wearing down. Javon Kinlaw would make this awesome.

That next tier of Crawford and Woods not only sucks, but bring a whole different style of play.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I'd start kicking Williams out to LT and see if there's anything there. Tyron prob retiring soon anyways
I'd like to see that as well and hoped they would do that. But I have to wonder how the Frederick retirement might affect those plans? McGovern may end up the starting center rather than LG, and then they would probably keep Williams inside. We'll have to see.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm glad they are finally doing this. It should allow some teams to keep older veteran backups that they would have never been able to keep before.
I didn't know about this change in the CBA until today. This is greatness.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Apparently we are still arrogant even after drafting Charlton and Hill. I guess they figure they are good at drafting CBs with McClay.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Apparently we are still arrogant even after drafting Charlton and Hill. I guess they figure they are good at drafting CBs with McClay.
That was a statement from Byron Jones, not the team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That was a statement from Byron Jones, not the team.
Yes, I realize that dipshit. That is his perspective on what the team is doing.

And what he says is they are completely confident they can draft to solve issues.

We are completely overrated on that after what was a zero draft last year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd start kicking Williams out to LT and see if there's anything there. Tyron prob retiring soon anyways
Depending on how he looks this year, the Cowboys could cut him next season and the cap hit would only be about $1.75M. It goes down to zero after the 2021 season.

So this could very well be Tyron Smith's last year as a Dallas Cowboy. It'll depend on his performance this year. If he's still kinda dragging ass throughout the year as a good but not great player, I could see them look to move in a different direction.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

And what he says is they are completely confident they can draft to solve issues.

DIpshit?

:lol

Jesus, you are such a fucking crybaby sometimes.

Last edited:

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life

We have been overrated on it since the 2016 draft if we're being honest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

So why sign Forbath earlier? Now they have over a $1M tied up in him. Zuerlien is a good signing, mainly because Fassel is familiar.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Very good move.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

So why sign Forbath earlier? Now they have over a $1M tied up in him. Zuerlien is a good signing, mainly because Fassel is familiar.
According to Spotrac Forbath only has like a $150K dead cap hit if we cut him, which is a small price to pay for a legitimate TC competition. The real question is what would Zeurlein's dead cap number be if he lost it?

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

I'm very happy about this. Plus, cutting Forbath only counts like $150k against the cap, so it's basically nothing. Great signing.

Top Bottom