Cowboys Free Agency Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Poe is the first nod to sanity we've had in over a decade, and it might be too late given his injury history.
This is not "sanity".

They have been stuck to one philosophy for so long that it just seems that way.

I don't think signing two aging vets that didn't get it done in Carolina is a step towards sanity.

They bypassed sanity by doing their typical chickenshit routine through the first wave of free agency.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
They still have Crawford at RDE, so unless they draft a DE in the first, it has zero chance.

And yes, I am aware that Gregory might be back. I refuse to count him as any sort of solution.

not argueing any of that. i agree. It was more of a pipe dream but if its not attacking, than i think less will be asked of Poe

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yes, but we have Trysten Hill for one of the spots. I would be very surprised now if we took a DT in the first.

Even if Kinlaw were there. They would just say they were scared off by his knees.
We should ship that fucker to Vegas so Marinelli can have him back. It was a worthless pick, and the only reason we took him was because he was a pet cat of Rod’s.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Its almost as if you shouldn't inflate a player's grade by a round just because a coach has a hard on for them.

You'd think they would've learned their lesson after Marinelli was fist pumping the picks of Jordan Carrell and Joey Ivie and then they never made it out of TC, or even ever played a snap in the NFL as far as I can tell.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is not "sanity".

I don't think signing two aging vets that didn't get it done in Carolina is a step towards sanity.

They bypassed sanity by doing their typical chickenshit routine through the first wave of free agency.
Ravi love 340 pound guys.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
They could have had Snacks and passed on him, i think there is more to this. Poe is better. Im not saying hes down to just anchoring, but no one knows what kind of defense is going to be installed, i hope its more of an attacking scheme, but we ll see.
I agree with you, I think Poe is a more well-rounded athlete than Harrison, who is just round.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
If Kinlaw is there at 17 you take him. If Jerry scoffs at him because of McCoy and Poe, I'm losing my shit. Not only do we need Kinlaw, we need a rookie tank at 1tech. We could get Fotu or Davon Hamilton possibly in the fourth.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is not "sanity".

Dude, this would normally have been a complete nonfactor like Terrell McClain, Cedric Thornton, Datone Jones, Christian Covington... the list of vomit is endless.

This was night and day by comparison.

Would I have liked Reader, sure. But there's being chickenshit, and then there's being stupid like the contracts for Byron Jones and Robert Quinn. Had we paid those bank-breaking deals for either of those two, I would be pissed.

And Poe and McCoy played well in Carolina when they were on the field, but they were not complemented in run support by the DEs. When Poe got hurt, the bottom fell out completely on the run defense.

Poe's inconsistency and recent injury history keeps him from being a star, but when paired with the very consistent McCoy you have a much, much better front than what we've had in forever.

They are aging, so of course I'm hoping for more help in the draft.

Top Bottom