Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Why would we not want to try to have both?
I certainly think they will try. It's clear that they want Quinn back, much more than Byron Jones. They know his price tag is going to be ridiculous.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Yeah I was joking. I agree, give me 3 DEs any day. Fresh legs coming off the bench in the fourth quarter when everyone is tired is perfect. Gregory would be like a missle against guys who have been playing all the snaps all game long.
And I think Gregory would need a while to get his legs back under him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why would we not want to try to have both?
I would actually. You need to rotate 3 DEs in my opinion to keep the pass rush free for 4 quarters. Especially when your guys are slightly undersized.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I think Gregory would need a while to get his legs back under him.
Absolutely true. At first his snap count would need to be pretty limited. I actually kind of like Jackson as the 4th guy in this situation as he is a bigger and more physical DE to compliment the others.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Absolutely true. At first his snap count would need to be pretty limited. I actually kind of like Jackson as the 4th guy in this situation as he is a bigger and more physical DE to compliment the others.
I like that idea as well. Jackson early downs, Gregory obvious passing situations.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I'm down with keeping Quinn and Gregory. I would assume Gregory would be brought back in on the cheap.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm down with keeping Quinn and Gregory. I would assume Gregory would be brought back in on the cheap.
I don't think Gregory is an unrestricted free agent. I think the suspensions toll the years it takes to become an unrestricted free agent.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They literally need to keep Gregory on lockdown this time. No "living on your own and hoping for the best." He's proven time and again he can't be trusted to do that. It's sad that a grown ass man needs a full-time babysitter, but here we are.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They literally need to keep Gregory on lockdown this time. No "living on your own and hoping for the best." He's proven time and again he can't be trusted to do that. It's sad that a grown ass man needs a full-time babysitter, but here we are.
We can actually say fuck it let him smoke weed if the new CBA gets passed.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We can actually say fuck it let him smoke weed if the new CBA gets passed.
Except for the two week window when they test. Depending on the punishment.

Hopefully the punishment is something like 1 week suspension, maxed at one a year, and doesn't escalate for multiple offenses.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The max is supposed to be a fine. Sort of why Stashy said whats the point of testing at all.
Oh, I didn't catch that.

The point of testing and fining is probably to retain negotiating pieces, either for this CBA or the next.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, I didn't catch that.

The point of testing and fining is probably to retain negotiating pieces, either for this CBA or the next.
Yeah that's pretty much the only reason I can think of as well. From an image standpoint you would think the league would be better off not testing for weed and not having test results getting leaked out about it. If you're worries about a stigma with weed it's probably better to not having any positive tests then to have tests and fines.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bringing back the Quincy thing! So cool!
And so inaccurate. But hey, gotta love the classics.

People don't want to talk about it, but Prescott has done less to put his teams in peril than Romo did.

Hate to say it, but it is true.

Prescott may not be elite, but he has yet to break everyone's heart as many times as Romo did with his mistakes over the years.

data

Forbes #1

People don't want to talk about it, but Prescott has done less to put his teams in peril than Romo did.

Prescott may not be elite, but he has yet to break everyone's heart as many times as Romo did with his mistakes over the years.
The meritocrats here will not approve.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I laugh at the whole, "Romo put this team in peril" narrative. Romo also had WAY less to play with during this so called period of his career. He almost had to sling it around wildly for us to even have a chance. Honestly, without Romo, we would have sucked far worse than we did.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Honestly, without Romo, we would have sucked far worse than we did.
:lol

We can look at comparing the volume of turnovers with the two if you like. Thing is, Romo committed them at the worst times. Don't tell me Prescott has broken your heart in a similar fashion.

Romo did not have it any worse than Prescott on his side of the ball.

He had Dez Bryant and Witten in their primes. He had DeMarco Murray running insane.

He had the best OL money could buy either through free agency or the draft, in two phases of his career.

So please, just stop it with the "sling it around wildly" narrative.

Yes, we would have sucked then without Romo and we would suck now without Prescott. Two different QBs and different landscapes.

The real thing has been the defense with both of them.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom