Cowboys Cuts

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Meaning he's one of those that everyone thinks we should have kept. "We shouldn't have let Moore go" yada yada yada.....when he wasn't very good anyway.

Tanny will be better than Moore.
I thought Moore looked a lot better than Tanney ever has.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would keep Armstrong over Beasley as well...he is a viable ST player, while Beasley is not.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys to waive QB Alex Tanney
August, 30, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys will go with two quarterbacks -- Tony Romo and Kyle Orton -- on the 53-man roster.

Alex Tanney was informed of his release on Friday, according to a source. The Cowboys could bring him back to the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Tanney played most of Thursday’s 24-6 loss to Houston, completing 17 of 31 passes for 177 yards. He was intercepted once and sacked seven times. He finished the preseason with 423 yards on 40-of-73 passing with a touchdown and two picks.

The Cowboys also released offensive lineman Edawn Coughman.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Somebody check on Lotus.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
August, 30, 2013

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys will go with two quarterbacks -- Tony Romo and Kyle Orton -- on the 53-man roster.

Alex Tanney was informed of his release on Friday, according to a source. The Cowboys could bring him back to the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Tanney played most of Thursday’s 24-6 loss to Houston, completing 17 of 31 passes for 177 yards. He was intercepted once and sacked seven times. He finished the preseason with 423 yards on 40-of-73 passing with a touchdown and two picks.

Good.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
August, 30, 2013

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

junk

Not So New Member
One of my favorite parts of the cuts is remembering the Zone threads where these guys were locks for the roster and there was no way we could risk trying to slip them onto the PS.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One of my favorite parts of the cuts is remembering the Zone threads where these guys were locks for the roster and there was no way we could risk trying to slip them onto the PS.
Our depth is crap and of the ones dumped this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them never play a down of football.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wonder what the hell is taking so long for this front office to cut the trash on this roster.

I mean, really? That shit on the field last night? It shouldn't take this long.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wonder what the hell is taking so long for this front office to cut the trash on this roster.

Let the churning begin.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Ok, relax. We have till Saturday. No need to rush anything.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ok, relax. We have till Saturday. No need to rush anything.
I dunno about you, but when I need to take a nasty greasy shit and get it out...I do it.

That is what needs to be done with the bottom of this roster.

They don't need to "talk about" them.

No "collective" decisions.

They don't need to do anything but flush the shit and get to work examining how they can replace at least 8-10 players at the bottom of this roster with new players.

Since McClay and Judd Garrett are so fucking smart, let them earn their money.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I dunno about you, but when I need to take a nasty greasy shit and get it out...I do it.
I don't see any advantage to cutting them all real fast. They have the roster space to pick up anyone they want already.

You say there is "nothing to talk about" but that is obviously foolish for a team trying to win something this year.

Even if they are intent on replacing 8-10 guys at the bottom of the roster, there is plenty to think about right now.

Not cutting everyone right after the Houston game is nothing to bitch about.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't see any advantage to cutting them all real fast. They have the roster space to pick up anyone they want already.

You say there is "nothing to talk about" but that is obviously foolish for a team trying to win something this year.

Even if they are intent on replacing 8-10 guys at the bottom of the roster, there is plenty to think about right now.

Not cutting everyone right after the Houston game is nothing to bitch about.
You see, that's the issue.

I bet, right now, Jerry is doing something. Stephen is doing something.

Neither of which is getting this team better.

I bet there is a short meeting in the morning tomorrow, they announce the last of these cuts and they are fucking left in the dust like they usually are.

Pat Kirwan made a point today. He stated at cut down day, just get rid of the players you know you don't want, right away. It clears your thought process and you can start anew.

We are still debating the slimy end of this shithole roster. These fucktards are actually sleeping on them.

Top Bottom