Cowboys Coaching Carousel 2024

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Nothing really matters too much on the personnel side because we literally had a top 5 team and a clear road to the NFCC and lost to a team we're significantly more talented than because this team and organization is soft as baby shit.

I just can't get myself amped up for whatever shuffling of deck chairs they do (even if it results in a really solid roster, which it likely will) knowing that fact.

I'm tuning out, fuck these bitches.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I’ve been tuning out more and more over the years and while that loss was infuriating it doesn’t really change the math for me.

I’ll get excited when we get a real GM or a real QB at least.

shane

DCC 4Life
I think the Quinn collapse in the playoffs was far worse. McCarthy is saddled to a QB he can’t win with. Thats not really his fault.
It is his fault that the team came out so weak and gutless.

A way to send a message to the team would be to bring in an ass kicker as head coach, clean house and maybe draft JJ McCarthy if he is available in round 2 to put Dak on notice.

but of course none of that will happen. Best we can hope for is a collapse because then maybe Jerry will be embarrassed into making a real change . Dismal situation overall though

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It is his fault that the team came out so weak and gutless.

A way to send a message to the team would be to bring in an ass kicker as head coach, clean house and maybe draft JJ McCarthy if he is available in round 2 to put Dak on notice.

but of course none of that will happen. Best we can hope for is a collapse because then maybe Jerry will be embarrassed into making a real change . Dismal situation overall though
These guys come out gutless with every coach. Wade, Garrett, now McCarthy.

It has nothing to do with the coach. It’s the GM.

McCarthy is a fine coach. A very good one. His QB sucks ass and chokes.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Good fucking riddance.
Everyone soured on him quick. :lol

The teams he's had the most success with had a solid group of traditional LBs in the defensive rotation. I don't know why he was so keen on using too light in the ass hybrid safeties in Dallas.

I understand there were injuries to guys like LVE and Overshown, but they should have at least made an effort to find replacements instead of deciding to go all in with 200 lbs safeties masquerading as LBs.

shane

DCC 4Life
These guys come out gutless with every coach. Wade, Garrett, now McCarthy.

It has nothing to do with the coach. It’s the GM.

McCarthy is a fine coach. A very good one. His QB sucks ass and chokes.
McCarthy is adequate, but he has lost the team like what happened in GB. No way he should be retained. I blame the GM for his poor hiring and firing policies when it pertains to coaches.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Good news is that we will get to do this again next offseason.
The very first thing I thought was it means we won't be beating the 49ers and we'll have a Divisional round ceiling.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
McCarthy is adequate, but he has lost the team like what happened in GB. No way he should be retained. I blame the GM for his poor hiring and firing policies when it pertains to coaches.
This is it, in a vacuum McCarthy is a good HC, but does anybody really think the team believes in him after this shameful performance?

That they'll be completely bought in and not second guessing his methods after how this shit ended?

Very hard for me to believe.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Nothing really matters too much on the personnel side because we literally had a top 5 team and a clear road to the NFCC and lost to a team we're significantly more talented than because this team and organization is soft as baby shit.

I just can't get myself amped up for whatever shuffling of deck chairs they do (even if it results in a really solid roster, which it likely will) knowing that fact.

I'm tuning out, fuck these bitches.
I'm not so sure about being significantly more talented than any team right now.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm surprised. I thought he might well be gone. I'm sure it was Dak's endorsement that made the difference.

If you hate Mike, at least this will be his last year. Dak we're probably stuck with for the next three or four years. Not sure I can take that.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Like a far superior fat man once said, "it is what it is."

I'll still be here breaking balls and trying to be funny.

So...............who y'all got at 24?

data

Forbes #1
I’m okay with it. The one thing I don’t want is a Prescott extension.

Assuming you can’t trade Prescott, let McCarthy and Prescott play out 2024 under $60M and draft QB at #24 or 2nd rounder. The roster will still be competitive.

If 2024 sucks, we’ll have a Top 10 draft pick and 2025 salary cap is free of Prescott’s contract.

As a caveat, I’d accept a two-year extension that allows the cap hit to be spread across 2024, 2025 and 2026 as a post June 1st, 2025 release, but unrealistic Prescott accepts such a short extension. But something to conceptually spread the $61M like $30M/$15M/$15M.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Fautanu, Barton, Fuaga ... one of the big uglies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Jordan Morgan, Troy Fautanu, Graham Barton, Jared Verse, Brian Thomas Jr., Byron Murphy, T'Vondre Sweat, Jackson Powers-Johnson, Jer'zhan Newton, Taliese Fuaga, Tyler Guyton, off the top of my head.

Top Bottom