Cowboys at Chargers | Week 4 Game Day Chatter Thread | 09/29/2013

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Garrett was out-coached yesterday but I have to also point the finger at 3 players who really stunk it up.

Bruce Carter, Mo Claiborne, and Tony Romo.

Carter for looking like a complete slug in coverage. Not just on the two TDs to Woodhead but also for constantly being beaten on underneath routes which resulted in the Chargers seemingly always being in 2nd/3rd and short situations.

Claiborne for being completely lost in coverage. He looks like a UDFA who's recently joined the team and is still learning the scheme. I can handle CBs being beaten on routes but what I can't handle is a CB who is never in position to even challenge a pass. Mo is always 3-5 yards away from the receiver when the pass is completed. That's horrid and should result in his immediate benching. Kiffin would earn my complete respect if he dropped Claiborne down to the 4th DB. I'd rather we play Scandrick, Carr, and Webb ahead of him.

Romo for being spastic and erratic when things got tough. And for locking in on Witten way too often. Also, Romo had quite a few bitch moments yesterday like when he basically just laid down and gave up on a play when he could have easily stepped up into the pocket. Instead he chooses to literally curl up in the fetal position. If he's that shell-shocked it's time to start looking for his replacement.

D

Deuce

David Shaw would be my #1 target.

~patiently waits for Schmidty to trash the pick despite probably not knowing anything about him~

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fair enough.

What achievements of Garrett's do mean something to you? Enough where you'd want to hang on to him until somebody like Parcells shakes loose? (your words)
Garrett hasn't "achieved" anything per se, other than I like the fact that does preach accountability and I think that counts for something and I think it has rubbed off a little.

It doesn't have to be another Parcells, but it has to be a guy that we can look at and say, "Yeah, he's a definite winner, he's gonna be a very good head coach." I don't think you can say that about Gus Bradley or Mike McCoy, they are simply hot coordinators but plenty of them fail every year. I don't see any difference between them and Chan Gailey or Leslie Frazier or whoever. In my mind there is a difference between them and a guy like Rex Ryan, who was not just a hot coordinator but a guy who everyone kinda thought of as a very good up and coming head coach prospect who just got passed over for some reason. Now, Rex Ryan hasn't worked out exactly after his first 2 years (though I think he's a good coach who is hampered by bad personnel up there), but when I see a guy like that, I will be more willing to go after him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
welcome to overreaction Monday
Who is overreacting? I've been calling for Garrett's release for years. In fact I wouldn't have hired him after his interim period. I saw enough back then, and there were better options on the market.

superpunk

Banned
What did Romo have 4 first downs dropped by Witten, Dez, Harris and Williams? Plus Williams retard fumble?

Obviously we weren't stopping them but there's the game right there, possibly. Receivers were the biggest shit mark to me, maybe neck and neck with corners.

superpunk

Banned
Who is overreacting? I've been calling for Garrett's release for years. In fact I wouldn't have hired him after his interim period. I saw enough back then, and there were better options on the market.
Everyone. We're basically 4 games into a new regime. This has been the only one we've been even remotely outclassed in - and we were still in it til the end.

superpunk

Banned
What else would you call a brand new defense, and new coordinators across the board? Don't trip over your LOLs they make you sound BRILLIANT.

D

Deuce

What else would you call a brand new defense, and new coordinators across the board? Don't trip over your LOLs they make you sound BRILLIANT.
The OC isn't new. He was just given an expanded role. Either way, it's completely moronic to keep a failing coach because you hope his underlings can get better.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Thank goodness we now have superpunk here so he can keep it real for all of us fake fans.

Top Bottom