College Basketball Chatter...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So you tell me Duke and then most likely Gonzaga to get to the final 4? Not a problem.

:skurred
We are favored by 1 against Duke. It's going to be a tough row to hoe to be sure.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Villanova in college basketball to me is like the Philadelphia Eagles. Gross.

I will never forgive them for the ‘85 NCAA finals.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

What happened in the 85 finals?

I loved that team. One of the truest the underdog teams of all time. That team had zero stars.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What happened in the 85 finals?

I loved that team. One of the truest the underdog teams of all time. That team had zero stars.
They beat the HEAVILY favored Georgetown Hoyas and Patrick Ewing in the finals in a nail biter. Shot something ridiculous like 80% from the field.

I lost 50 bucks because of this. And in 1985, that was a fucking TON of money to a 15 year old kid.

Oh, and 1big…. Fuck Ed Pinckney.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Fuck Dook. Fuck Coach K. Finally…the “will this be Coach K’s final game….oh, here comes his wife Mickey…such love….let’s talk about his great career for the 649th time since this tournament began” Over. Done. Go home.

UNC says, suck my dick bitches.

Puttyism

♡☆
Losing Moore in the finals didn't help 'Nova. He was their lead shooter. Would they have won with him? We'll never know. Hats off to those kids & coach Jay Wright. Getting to the final 4 is very hard. What made the loss not so horrible was Duke losing later in the night. Nice way to send coach K packing tarheels lol.
Fuck Dook. Fuck Coach K. Finally…the “will this be Coach K’s final game….oh, here comes his wife Mickey…such love….let’s talk about his great career for the 649th time since this tournament began” Over. Done. Go home.

LOL. So tired of seeing Duke ALL the time. Glad coach K is finished. Touche'

That's sad being Villanova (Howie Long & many others alum) is pretty far from Philadelphia. The school is nestled in a very ritzy area. Now, if it were Temple, St. Joe's I could understand, but Villanova is far from being associated with Egals fans. Different class in society all the way around.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's sad being Villanova (Howie Long & many others alum) is pretty far from Philadelphia. The school is nestled in a very ritzy area. Now, if it were Temple, St. Joe's I could understand, but Villanova is far from being associated with Egals fans. Different class in society all the way around.
I didn't make that comparison because of where they are located. It was solely because of the game I mentioned. I only used that comparison to show how much I loathe them.

For the record, I don't care if a team is in Philly. I have nothing against the Phillies or Flyers, and I AM a fan of the Sixers.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Can't believe I neglected this thread, but the rivalry is over for at least 10 years, if not forever.

UNC wins. Scoreboard.

UNC swept Duke in Roy's last year (last season), won the series this year 2-1, won the last game K coached at Cameron. Beat their asses in the Final Four, the only time the two schools have met in the NCAA Tourney.

It's over. Duke, you are our bitches until you can top that, and by that I mean, you have to dominate us at the end of the career of our next legendary coach (maybe Davis? Maybe not) and also beat us in a Final Four or better near the end. So get comfy second in line.

Heels underachieved for most of the year, though I also believe they overachieved a bit towards the end. I think they were more like a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 team that got hot towards the end. Once Bacot and Love got dinged up it was all over, they did not have the depth to really survive. Their last chance was when Bacot rolled his ankle again right at the end of the Kansas/Title game. Bacot was 1 on 1 and driving to take the lead and he probably makes that bucket to put UNC up if he doesn't turn his ankle, and UNC very well wins. Instead, he re-injures, drops the ball, Kansas takes it the other way and eventually seals the win without Bacot on the floor. Game over.

Always hurts losing a title game but when you so spectacularly overachieve, make a Final Four unexpectedly, and achieve an all-time send off for a villain, it's like you have a mini championship anyway. Also this team very, very easily could win it all next year with their returning guys all improving and their recruits coming in. Only loss in Manek, and Puff Johnson, Dontrez Styles will both improve, and 4*/5* Jalen Washington is gonna add depth in the front court as well.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Also I know that post above is a good one because NoDak laffed at it.
I really started to worry if you had passed on when I didn't see you posting after the game.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Also I know that post above is a good one because NoDak laffed at it.
I wasn't laughing at what you said. I understand and appreciate a good rivalry. I was laughing at how you said it. So much angst. I could almost imagine you frothing at the mouth as you punished your keyboard slamming out that post.

Top Bottom