One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Oh please. Please. Let him coach one more game and that game be the one in Lubbock. Other than wishing texas lose every single game in every program and the university sink down into the depths of helI, I don't think I ask for too much.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Longhorns fired Chris Beard.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Well now that the Cowboys season is over, I’m back watching UNC games. Damn those guys….not even ranked, and watching them play is maddening- too many TO’s, not enough playmakers for some reason. Only good thing so far is Duke sucks a big donkey nut with Coach K gone. It’s a shame that UNC isn’t more dominating this season, with Duke flailing it would be really sweet.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well now that the Cowboys season is over, I’m back watching UNC games. Damn those guys….not even ranked, and watching them play is maddening- too many TO’s, not enough playmakers for some reason. Only good thing so far is Duke sucks a big donkey nut with Coach K gone. It’s a shame that UNC isn’t more dominating this season, with Duke flailing it would be really sweet.
I haven't paid a ton of attention to college basketball yet myself, but UNC's lackluster season has to be the surprise of the season so far.

They were in the title game last year and most of their key guys returned. So everyone assumed they'd build on that and be dominant this year. Obviously that hasn't happened.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
UNC's issue is that Caleb Love is shitting the bed.

He's shooting just 28% from three and just 38% overall. It's basically him alone as the reason they are ranked like 115th in the country in 3 point shooting.

He's a junior now and after his tournament run, he was supposed to break out and be carrying them. He was supposed to be putting together his NBA resume this year, instead he's shot himself out of pro basketball.

If he was shooting 35-38% from three like he was supposed to, they would probably have at least 3 more wins and be 18-3 instead of 15-6, including a win over #2 Alabama that they lost in quadruple overtime, and they'd be right there in the top 4-8 ranked teams.

They lost that Alabama game in 4 OTs by 2 in which he shot 27% from 3 and 35% overall and he took fucking 36 shots, he couldn't hit anything.

They lost to Pitt by 2 in a game in which he only scored 7 points and shot 33% from the floor.

They lost to a terrible Virginia Tech team in which he was merely ok, they were missing Armando Bacot that game, Love scored 18 but has to step up and win the game and he didn't.

They lost to 10th ranked Iowa State by 5 in a game in which he shot 14% from 3 and 28% from the floor.

He has to get it together. If he does, they will go far in the tournament again. If he doesn't, they are like a second or third round exit team.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Suck it, shorthorns

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maryland is gonna be back in the top 10-15 consistently real soon. I didn't love the Willard hire but he's looking like a grand slam.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom