China send 150k troops to North Korean border....

townsend

Banned
:lol Steal from those who didn't earn the money in the first place and to whom the money never belonged. This is a new definition of theft I'm not familiar with.
Fanciful language aside, I can't see you disagreeing with the idea that feeding the poor is a more worthy cause than funding the military industrial complex.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Fanciful language aside, I can't see you disagreeing with the idea that feeding the poor is a more worthy cause than funding the military industrial complex.
Maybe not but do you believe you would be in a position to even express that opinion if it were not for the military complex that brought this country through two world wars and other conflicts. Not to mention aggressor countries that would have taken over long ago. Your native language might be German or Russian.

townsend

Banned
Maybe not but do you believe you would be in a position to even express that opinion if it were not for the military complex that brought this country through two world wars and other conflicts. Not to mention aggressor countries that would have taken over long ago. Your native language might be German or Russian.
You can back the military without backing war profiteers. The military industrial complex is extorting this country, that kind of parasitic use of our resources makes us less safe, not more.

townsend

Banned
Also the entire world would have been better if we hadn't rushed into WW1 and that may have prevented the sequel.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Also the entire world would have been better if we hadn't rushed into WW1 and that may have prevented the sequel.
Of course that's an academic opinion but if Germany had have been successful in WW1 they would just have continued to roll over the globe and you would have had a protracted WW1 . Sooner or later the nations of the world including America had to take a stand. It's parlor games to think otherwise. Regardless you cannot deny the need for a military.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I view them as two very seperate issues. We should cut back on our military spending and size of our military but I don't believe that has anything to do with feeding the general population.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I view them as two very seperate issues. We should cut back on our military spending and size of our military but I don't believe that has anything to do with feeding the general population.
Nor do I but I cannot see or understand how anyone can know how this country was concieved and has remained as the very symbol of freedom without a military. To push them aside as though they are robbers and thieves to the less fortunate is just incomprehensible.

Top Bottom