Bucs Stuff....

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some WR evaluator prescription lenses see a hopeful Gallup type trajectory in the kid. I'm more a Crayton-esque type ceiling that's all.
No biggie.
What similarities do you see to Crayton? Crayton was shorter, slower and a college QB. I just don't see the comp. It's just throwing out a random receiver name of a guy who had a mediocre career.

They really have nothing in common.

Rogerthat

DCC 4Life
Neither has/had any particular traits that jumped off the film at you. There wasn't any particular suddenness in movement in and out of breaks or precision route running overall. Hands above average and more finesse than physical. I live in Pensacola, he played next door in Mobile, AL and I watched him beat up on the Arkansas States of the world last year. I was underwhelmed regardless of QB status by his showings during pre season against CB2s and CB3s and feel he's a possible WR3 not 2.
So, maybe that describes Crayton or maybe it doesn't but you are correct in that I likened his longterm impact to Crayton's.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Neither has/had any particular traits that jumped off the film at you. There wasn't any particular suddenness in movement in and out of breaks or precision route running overall. Hands above average and more finesse than physical. I live in Pensacola, he played next door in Mobile, AL and I watched him beat up on the Arkansas States of the world last year. I was underwhelmed regardless of QB status by his showings during pre season against CB2s and CB3s and feel he's a possible WR3 not 2.
So, maybe that describes Crayton or maybe it doesn't but you are correct in that I likened his longterm impact to Crayton's.
Utilized as a slot receiver in college but could possibly transition outside. Produced elite numbers against a lower level of competition but hasn't been proven against higher competition. He is a natural pass catcher, but will need to show he can get separation against NFL defensive backs. His transition to NFL-level cornerbacks will take time, but he has the ability to become an early No. 3 receiver and possible No. 2.

Any guesses at to who that write up was for?

Cooper Kupp.

Relax... I'm not saying that Tolbert is Kupp. Only that you need to take these write ups with a grain of salt. They are not written in stone, and certainly don't prove any argument, either way. If you dig deep enough, you can always find a write up or some stats that further whatever argument it is that you're trying to make. Good or bad.

Rogerthat

DCC 4Life
Utilized as a slot receiver in college but could possibly transition outside. Produced elite numbers against a lower level of competition but hasn't been proven against higher competition. He is a natural pass catcher, but will need to show he can get separation against NFL defensive backs. His transition to NFL-level cornerbacks will take time, but he has the ability to become an early No. 3 receiver and possible No. 2.

Any guesses at to who that write up was for?

Cooper Kupp.

Relax... I'm not saying that Tolbert is Kupp. Only that you need to take these write ups with a grain of salt. They are not written in stone, and certainly don't prove any argument, either way. If you dig deep enough, you can always find a write up or some stats that further whatever argument it is that you're trying to make. Good or bad.
He might be the next Jerry Rice for all I know. What the Twitter verse rumor is sounding like right now is that an undrafted free agent will be rewarded the snaps that should have been his based on draft pedigree.
But we won't know for sure until they announce the inactives.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But if, say, Houston got that spot right now, I'd be glad they were playing the more ready player and not forcing a guy just because they used a pick on him.

Like Parcells used to say, once you get in, it doesn't matter where you came from or who you are. Too often Jerry didn't go by that.

But I still bet Tolbert plays Sunday night and this is all bogus speculation.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He might be the next Jerry Rice for all I know. What the Twitter verse rumor is sounding like right now is that an undrafted free agent will be rewarded the snaps that should have been his based on draft pedigree.
But we won't know for sure until they announce the inactives.
Wait, what? Twitter is talking about this? Well, fuck. Be still my beating heart. Twitter has spoken.

BTW... If Houston is deserving of getting playing time, we should be happy about it. Not lamenting the fact. Both for his progress, AND the fact that our coaches aren't blinded as they have been in the past by a guy's draft status. Let performance decide who plays, not their contract. Saying Tolbert deserves those snaps just because of his draft pedigree is retarded. And falls right in line with how our F.O. has operated in the past, and what people have bitched about for years around here.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Moore has had all off-season to figure out how to get Pollard the ball in the passing game to make up for a less than ideal WR corps, something tells me we'll be underwhelmed.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
But if, say, Houston got that spot right now, I'd be glad they were playing the more ready player and not forcing a guy just because they used a pick on him.

Like Parcells used to say, once you get in, it doesn't matter where you came from or who you are. Too often Jerry didn't go by that.

But I still bet Tolbert plays Sunday night and this is all bogus speculation.

Rogerthat

DCC 4Life
Wait, what? Twitter is talking about this? Well, fuck. Be still my beating heart. Twitter has spoken.

BTW... If Houston is deserving of getting playing time, we should be happy about it. Not lamenting the fact. Both for his progress, AND the fact that our coaches aren't blinded as they have been in the past by a guy's draft status. Let performance decide who plays, not their contract. Saying Tolbert deserves those snaps just because of his draft pedigree is retarded. And falls right in line with how our F.O. has operated in the past, and what people have bitched about for years around here.
Exactly. Meritocracy. Seems I heard that somewhere before.
Hell, Bland's got a pretty strong case for being ahead of Joseph and Wright if you ask me.
But what the hell do I know, I thought the Florida kid outperformed Dowdle as well.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Exactly. Meritocracy. Seems I heard that somewhere before.
Hell, Bland's got a pretty strong case for being ahead of Joseph and Wright if you ask me.
But what the hell do I know, I thought the Florida kid outperformed Dowdle as well.
I don't think there's any doubt Bland is ahead of those guys. Doesn't mean he won't get turned inside out a few times in his very first pro game against Tom Brady, but Bland is going to be a straight up player.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nobody has created a chatter thread? Buncha damn slackers.

Top Bottom