Brugler's Top 50

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't automatically assume that Dez has nothing left in the tank, and that the arrow is pointed down on Beasley, Williams, and Switzer. I think Witten is nearing the end but not a lot I can do about that without a big draft investment which I'm not entirely willing to do in today's spread offense dominated league.... think I might rather test the waters on Rico Gathers.

I'm looking for a value addition who brings an elements we don't have, namely, speed. I think that combined with improvement from Dak and a bounce back year from the incumbent WRs would mean enough improvement once Elliott is back full time. Keep in mind when Elliott was healthy even with a poorly performing Dak/Dez/Garrett&Co, the offense was putting up like 28 points per game.

If everyone can improve a bit we will be fine and the defense can be finalized for the next half decade.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't automatically assume that Dez has nothing left in the tank, and that the arrow is pointed down on Beasley, Williams, and Switzer. I think Witten is nearing the end but not a lot I can do about that without a big draft investment which I'm not entirely willing to do in today's spread offense dominated league.... think I might rather test the waters on Rico Gathers.
I'm not saying Dez has nothing left in the tank but certainly you can see the arrow is pointed down on the guy right? At minimum injuries have taken their toll. The arrow is certainly pointed down on Witten. Williams is what he is. I'm not saying he is on the down side of his career but I don't think you can logically make the argument that he is going to get any better. Beasley is the same thing.

Switzer I guess is on the upswing but his ceiling is Beasley. So you're not getting better when he is on the field (I know you love him more than most being from North Carolina but his special ability is as a returner). You're just exchanging two similar level players. So the end result is yes, WR and TE should worry you. We are getting worse there and we have nothing coming up through the pipeline. And the solution isn't to ignore the position yet again. I honestly think we need to rebuild the receiver corp. Beasley is in the last year of his deal. Dez is not getting it done. And Witten is the worst YAC TE in the NFL. It's bad. I'd like to tear it down and start a real rebuild there. The same way we did the secondary. And by the end of last season our defense looked great as a result.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That doesn't change fact Romo couldn't get done what Aikman did 3 times
That wasn’t part of the discussion. My point was a hypothetical about Romo. I don’t see why you brought up Aikman in this view.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That wasn’t part of the discussion. My point was a hypothetical about Romo. I don’t see why you brought up Aikman in this view.
We all wonder the same about you sometimes.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol
Aikman’s last couple seasons, he may as well been injured. His back was to the point that he could barely bend it in pregame warm ups. His OL wasn’t the best either. He really took a beating.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We all wonder the same about you sometimes.
I use hm sometimes as a reference point because he the is the QB with the most SB rings. Is he a sacred cow to you?

Top Bottom