Brugler's Top 50

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm going assume Smitty meant Tremaine Edmunds, and there is zero chance of him falling to us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no way Richardson is going to pull 8 a year. No damn way.
Yeah I listed him because I thought he'd be reasonably priced. If he is getting 8 a year than I'd like to know what Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson all sign for. Or shit even Marqise Lee.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah I listed him because I thought he'd be reasonably priced. If he is getting 8 a year than I'd like to know what Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson all sign for. Or shit even Marqise Lee.
Marqise Lee is one that I would definitely be interested in. Dude is quick.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nah Romo was a choker, he definitely was no Aikman
Aikman’s last couple seasons, he may as well been injured. His back was to the point that he could barely bend it in pregame warm ups. His OL wasn’t the best either. He really took a beating.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Aikman’s last couple seasons, he may as well been injured. His back was to the point that he could barely bend it in pregame warm ups. His OL wasn’t the best either. He really took a beating.
That doesn't change fact Romo couldn't get done what Aikman did 3 times

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If I'm signing a 5'8" 165 pound receiver who had 378 yards receiving last year and was cut by the Browns earlier in his career and calling it quits than you have zero intentions of giving Dak any type of help. I mean that's a joke really.

Or hey lets go with John Brown who is coming off 21 catches and 299 yards and injury plagued.

I mean if signing one of those guys is your solution to our lack of talent at WR, then you either hate Dak or are delusional. Shit at least give me Paul Richardson. Your solution is to basically throw out the same shit plus a JAG and tell Dak to suck it up and do better. And when we get even worse (Witten and Dez a year older and a year slower) I'm sure you'll point at Dak blame him but in fairness you set him up for total failure.
I'm not setting Dak up for "total failure" when he has an OL that is the best in the league and an All Pro running back.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Paul Richardson is just as much of a risk, just because you like him doesn't erase the fact that he didn't do shit for 3 years until he got into a contract year. I like Richardson plenty but let's not act like he'd be some slam dunk blue chipper, he had about 400 yards and 2 TD's combined his first 3 seasons before having a good but not great 2017 with 44/703/6.

I don't know what John Brown's injury situation is but I do know he put up 1000 yards and 7 TD's two years ago and he's had to put up with a terrible QB situation while Richardson is playing with an MVP candidate. His per game yardage production the last 2 years isn't even that far off of Richardson in 2017 (44 YPG vs. 32.6).

If the choice is Richardson at 8 a year or Brown at 3 a year I'm going Brown all day.
Dude, you're like.... setting Dak up for total failure. ur just a Dak hater lololol!!!11!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Richardson can be had for about 4-5 a year I'd definitely take him over Brown but something about him just gives me the vibe that he's going to get overpaid. I think it's because I liked him coming out and he finally started to show his potential last year so I may just be assuming teams will overpay based on that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not setting Dak up for "total failure" when he has an OL that is the best in the league and an All Pro running back.
And the slowest most washed up receiving corp in the NFL. I guess you either subscribe to the concept that you can put anyone at receiver and make it work or you just want to run the ball every play. Because our pass protection is far from the best in the NFL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, you're like.... setting Dak up for total failure. ur just a Dak hater lololol!!!11!
:lol

Admit it, you thought John Brown was still playing good and had no idea that the guy has suffered severe medical issues the last two years and sucked out load. But maybe if you throw some lololo!!!11! at the end of your post it will cover up for the total lack of knowledge on the subject.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Richardson can be had for about 4-5 a year I'd definitely take him over Brown but something about him just gives me the vibe that he's going to get overpaid. I think it's because I liked him coming out and he finally started to show his potential last year so I may just be assuming teams will overpay based on that.
Yeah I really liked him coming out of Colorado. Which may have me overrating the guy a little bit personally.

If you want to dig deep for a bargain guy my sleeper would be Albert Wilson if he is still going to be a free agent. He is young, had like 500 and some receiving yards last year, and even though he is short he runs pretty fast and doesn't appear to play as short as he is.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah I really liked him coming out of Colorado. Which may have me overrating the guy a little bit personally.

If you want to dig deep for a bargain guy my sleeper would be Albert Wilson if he is still going to be a free agent. He is young, had like 500 and some receiving yards last year, and even though he is short he runs pretty fast and doesn't appear to play as short as he is.
Wilson seems like the type of WR Dak likes, he isn't much of a deep threat but he can get open quickly and find space in the short/intermediate.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And the slowest most washed up receiving corp in the NFL. I guess you either subscribe to the concept that you can put anyone at receiver and make it work or you just want to run the ball every play. Because our pass protection is far from the best in the NFL.
I don't subscribe to that concept, I just can't fix everything at once. I can get a value addition at WR in free agency to help it out and I can really fix the defense. That is my preferred route.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wilson seems like the type of WR Dak likes, he isn't much of a deep threat but he can get open quickly and find space in the short/intermediate.
Yep and at 25 years old he probably has some room to grow. He actually flashed some with the Chiefs last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't subscribe to that concept, I just can't fix everything at once. I can get a value addition at WR in free agency to help it out and I can really fix the defense. That is my preferred route.
Yeah and I look at it like I want to do everything I can to help a young QB before we sort of ruin him. The defense has had a ton of talent added to it in recent years. It's time to give some attention to the young players on offense. If anything on defense I'd be looking to add some experienced guys since we don't really have any. The secondary is young as hell. Our defensive line outside of Crawford is extremely young. The only position we probably have experience at is LBer where Sean Lee and Hitchens provide some experience.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

What about Moncrief? Seems like good size, good speed, decent route runner. He's languishing without Luck.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about Moncrief? Seems like good size, good speed, decent route runner. He's languishing without Luck.
Yeah my only concern is that even with Luck he only had one 700 yard season. Of course Andre Johnson was still around back then sort of stealing reps. But I'd be ok with him. I think there is some potential that was probably being underutilized in Indy. I certainly think he could at least be a Terrance Williams level WR which is fine by me. Plus he would instantly be our fastest WR.

Plus we have the relationship to get him here on the cheap. After two shitty years without a QB I think he is going to fly under the radar.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How much help does Prescott need? I hear all the time that Garrett needs all stars at every position to make his offense run, well, does that logic not extend to Prescott? Again... he's got an excellent OL and running game, and Witten/Dez/Beasley/Williams/Switzer/cheap FA is at least competent.

Romo thrived on getting guys like Laurent Robinson involved.... what I'm more scared of is wasting Dak's career by never having a competent defense around him like we did with Romo. If Dak is for real, he will make the WR's better to an extent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romo thrived on getting guys like Laurent Robinson involved.... what I'm more scared of is wasting Dak's career by never having a competent defense around him like we did with Romo. If Dak is for real, he will make the WR's better to an extent.
I think at this point guys like Witten and Dez are part of the problem. They demand the ball and do very little with it. Witten catches more balls short of a third down marker than anyone else I can think of in the NFL. Dez is the least efficient weapon on offense.

This receiving corp needs a rebuild. Competent might be a stretch. And doing the same thing and expecting different results is a huge mistake. We made basically no changes in the offensive coaching staff. If the plan is to hand Dak even less talent to throw the ball to, how can you expect things to get better? Dez and Witten another year older and one of our most productive WR's per pass in Butler is walking. So why do you think things will get better?

Top Bottom