Broncos at Cowboys | Week 5 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/6/2013

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Say Dallas wins this game. Does anyone pin the loss on Manning for his pick? I'd say not. But because it's Romo, everyone is gonna pile on.

500 yds and 5 TDs is enough to win a ball game.
It's also when the pick happened.

Carl

RIP Brother
The problem is EVERYONE knows you cannot trust Romo to play all out for 60 mins.

You just can't. History has a way of proving itself.
Should he have to play all out for 60 minutes? Where else is that expected. We have minimal talent on our roster and Romo makes most of them look better than they are are, except for James Hanna who is horrible.

Carl

RIP Brother
I think a Bill Parcells, or perhaps an Andy Reid, could get him reeled in enough to win.

Problem is, some "genius" from college like a Chip Kelly won't. Same or worse.
Reeled in, we needed more than 50 points to win today.

Carl

RIP Brother
So a DUI ruins everyone else's life, but the NFL teams still give them their weekly paychecks. Must be nice.

data

Forbes #1
They keep showing the Golden Gate Bridge and DT SF, do you how far Candlestick Park is from that Bridge. About two hours drive in rush hour and it is probably the most disgusting stadium and area in sports. Stop being Cunts NBC.
Where did that anger come from Carl? :lol

Is there something specific about SF that pisses you off because they do that for any metro area. They'll show the Manhattan skyline for the Giants/Jets, even though the stadium's in another state.

Cowboys Stadium's about 30 miles from DT Dallas, but NBC won't show DT Arlington.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
The problem on this team is we have never had more than one side of the ball clicking since Romo has been here. The offense can play lights out but if you cant stop people from scoring what good is it to throw for 500 yards. Other teams go on a roll where all three phases are clicking. The cowboys play all out on offense and get lit up on the scoreboard by the opposing team. Romo is a gunslinger who will win some and loose some. This team lives an dies with Romo. We have invested in cover corners who were supposed to be some of the best around. Why play prevent defense the whole game?

Carl

RIP Brother
Where did that anger come from Carl? :lol

Is there something specific about SF that pisses you off because they do that for any metro area. They'll show the Manhattan skyline for the Giants/Jets, even though the stadium's in another state.

Cowboys Stadium's about 30 miles from DT Dallas, but NBC won't show DT Arlington.
Not sure, just they always show the GGB. I lived in SF, went to USF, worked for KNBR and the Raiders. Santa Clara is not SF. Sorry.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
The real question is how many seasons does it take for defense and special teams to catch up to the offense? Romo shouldn't have to play gunslinger every game to win.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Well, one thing we should take away from this game is that Dez Bryant may be the best wr in the nfl.
We needed a QB who wouldn't throw an INT in the final 2 minutes of a tied game.
We could help him by calling running plays. Just enough to keep the defense honest. You know, like the other side did when they drove for the tie. 2:40 with all 3 timeouts is more than enough time to run the ball as part of a strategy to get you into FG range.

Alternatively, after the pick and subsequent 2 offensive plays, you could choose to let them score so you at least have a chance to tie.

Instead, we chose to put it all on Romo, then to hope that our defense could make a stop. We chose...poorly.

GShock

DCC 4Life
The real question is how many seasons does it take for defense and special teams to catch up to the offense? Romo shouldn't have to play gunslinger every game to win.
Wait until our next road game, when the offensive playcalling goes into scared turtle mode.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We'll have a good defense just as soon as we start prioritizing the DL.

So, never.

And everyone can clap like retards next time we trade up for the new Morris Claiborne and call it a good move cause he's highly rated by the draft gurus, and our defense will still suck.

That's how it works. Maybe we'll learn eventually.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
And which QB has never done that?
So you'll excuse Romo's history of throwing late INT's and consistently choking because other QB's have thrown INT's in the final 2:00?

Sorry, but I can't think of too many quality QB's who routinely choke as much as Romo has in this career.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Then I will rephrase and say, it makes it difficult for a lot of people; but not sure of A Smith is learning a lesson while the money keeps rolling in.
I assume if he gets enough of them he'll have to go to jail. Same thing for me.

I think maybe your objection is that, as a public figure, he should be made an example of to deter others, and that hasn't happened.

Top Bottom