Broncos at Cowboys | Week 5 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/6/2013

Carl

RIP Brother
How can I get that job?

Hines Ward speaks for 2 minutes...brings nothing to the table for those 2 minutes...he gets next week off to participate in a triathlon...and gets paid.
Right ethnicity.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Doesn't matter. Romo had the ball, with little time left, and all he had to do was manage the game. Manage the game...that's it.

What happened? the same thing that always happens when he HAS to manage the game.

INT.
Uh, he had to do more than just manage the game. He had to lead a scoring drive with time winding down. He fucked up, but there's no point in being dishonest about the situation.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Uh, he had to do more than just manage the game. He had to lead a scoring drive with time winding down. He fucked up, but there's no point in being dishonest about the situation.
Actually he could have simply managed the game. They weren't down...the score was tied. You don't do anything stupid there.

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer
we needed only a field goal.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Say Dallas wins this game. Does anyone pin the loss on Manning for his pick? I'd say not. But because it's Romo, everyone is gonna pile on.

500 yds and 5 TDs is enough to win a ball game.
If he threw a pick at the end that allowed the Cowboys to win then I'd say he'd get blamed for it. If he had a history of doing that in big games like Tony then he'd get piled on.

Carl

RIP Brother
Doesn't matter. Romo had the ball, with little time left, and all he had to do was manage the game. Manage the game...that's it.

What happened? the same thing that always happens when he HAS to manage the game.

INT.
Did he throw for 500 yards managing the game? He was the one reason we were in the game. So play all out on every play, then don't.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Except in the Super Bowl
He also won 1 Super Bowl. But as you point out, no matter how good Peyton has been he has received a ton of criticism over his career.

Now if he had never been to a SB and had a history of throwing boneheaded picks late in games and in the season, then he'd get even more criticism, you know, much like Tony Romo.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Did he throw for 500 yards managing the game? He was the one reason we were in the game. So play all out on every play, then don't.
And yet once again with the game on the line he comes up with a crucial INT. Like clockwork.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The problem is EVERYONE knows you cannot trust Romo to play all out for 60 mins.

You just can't. History has a way of proving itself.

Carl

RIP Brother
I know there's always some excuse for when Tony chokes other than he's a choker.
You think what you want, I will watch the games and judge on a game by game basis. Romo did not choke today. And I hate that word choke anyway.

Carl

RIP Brother
Seriously, with this defense I don't know how we don't go 6-10
We have been at best a 6-10 team for last 3 years; Romo gets us to 8-8. Like it or not, that's the reality. So either get rid, or enjoy his play.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
You think what you want, I will watch the games and judge on a game by game basis. Romo did not choke today. And I hate that word choke anyway.
You can cling to stats, I'll judge by results. Tony does what he often does late in close games. Chokes.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Garrett elected to accept a holding penalty on the Broncos, setting up second-and-goal from the 17 instead of a third-and-goal from the 7 with 3:16 to play.
You can't second guess that.

It's football 101 to make the team give the team double the chances to get double the yards. Because it's like making them do it twice. Unless it's fourth down obviously.

On the winning drive, Garrett elected to have the defense hold firm on a third-and 1 at the Dallas 2 instead of allowing the Broncos to score. When Knowshon Moreno converted the first down, the Broncos were able to kill the clock for Matt Prater's 28-yard field goal to win it.
Yeah. I think everyone was hoping we could hold them to a FG. And getting a FG drive is so much easier than a TD drive.

The truth is we lost when Romo tossed the pick.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The problem is EVERYONE knows you cannot trust Romo to play all out for 60 mins.

You just can't. History has a way of proving itself.
It's to the point that the last couple of years whenever anyone in any sport screws up late everyone says "he pulled a Romo". Funny how everyone can see it except a few blind Cowboys fans and their fricking owner.

Carl

RIP Brother
They keep showing the Golden Gate Bridge and DT SF, do you how far Candlestick Park is from that Bridge. About two hours drive in rush hour and it is probably the most disgusting stadium and area in sports. Stop being Cunts NBC.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
His doglike devotion to Garrett isn't nearly as deep as the financial one he has to Romo, who quite honestly is a coach killer.

He could dump Garrett now and hire someone else....Romo will STILL do what he did tonight.

He is far too deep in his career to have someone teach him what situational football means.

He is what he is and we are going to continue to twist in the breeze with his bad decisions in crunch time.

That's the problem right now. With can win without him...and we can't win with him. We just flounder at his folly.
I think a Bill Parcells, or perhaps an Andy Reid, could get him reeled in enough to win.

Problem is, some "genius" from college like a Chip Kelly won't. Same or worse.

Top Bottom