Bills Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
My only concern besides a general letdown is it turning into a slop fest and our guys not being used to those conditions. I could easily see it turning into a mess of a game where Allen relies heavily on his legs to squeeze out a few points to win a close one.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My only concern besides a general letdown is it turning into a slop fest and our guys not being used to those conditions. I could easily see it turning into a mess of a game where Allen relies heavily on his legs to squeeze out a few points to win a close one.
I question our ability to run and stop the run with Hankins out.

• Props

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I question our ability to run and stop the run with Hankins out.
Yea we aren't built to be run first but Buffalo isn't either, that's why I think in a slop fest game Allen running 10-12 times might be the difference.

It's good for them to get a game like this in now before the playoffs though since this will probably be the only actual "weather game" they have all year. The finale in Washington might have some weather but it also may not have any meaning.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't feel good about winning this game. And it's not because we suck, we choke, 27 years, or any of that. It's that I think Buffalo is a good team that had a tough start but is finding its footing, they're at home, the weather could be a factor, and they have to win to stay in the playoff hunt. Plus their QB is insanely talented and if he's on, it's hard for anyone to beat them.

I mean, Vegas has them favored for a reason. If we do win, I'll be very impressed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't feel good about winning this game. And it's not because we suck, we choke, 27 years, or any of that. It's that I think Buffalo is a good team that had a tough start but is finding its footing, they're at home, the weather could be a factor, and they have to win to stay in the playoff hunt. Plus their QB is insanely talented and if he's on, it's hard for anyone to beat them.

I mean, Vegas has them favored for a reason. If we do win, I'll be very impressed.
Yea I'm not worried about losing a slop bowl on the road against a desperate team. It would suck because it'd put a dent in our hopes of winning the division, but I'm not overly concerned with that at the moment, it's more of a nice to have.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yea I'm not worried about losing a slop bowl on the road against a desperate team. It would suck because it'd put a dent in our hopes of winning the division, but I'm not overly concerned with that at the moment, it's more of a nice to have.
Exactly. If we just split the next two on the road against two good opponents, I'll still feel really good about this team going into the playoffs.

Besides everything else, we've played very well for many weeks in a row, and it's hard to do that too long without at least a semi-bump in the road. If we do take a loss, it won't affect my opinion of the team at all.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we did win out. This team and Dak really do seem different this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Exactly. If we just split the next two on the road against two good opponents, I'll still feel really good about this team going into the playoffs.

Besides everything else, we've played very well for many weeks in a row, and it's hard to do that too long without at least a semi-bump in the road. If we do take a loss, it won't affect my opinion of the team at all.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we did win out. This team and Dak really do seem different this year.
This is arguably the biggest one left since I think there's a good chance we'll rock Miami the week after. For all the talk of us being "bullies" who beat up on shitty opponents and don't really beat anyone of consequence, Miami is even more so in that boat.

Their whole shock and awe thing is impressive a few times a year against shitty opponents but they've really struggled several times this year to put teams away, even at home, and that all kind of came to a head against Tennessee. Throw in the injuries they've had lately and we should have a solid shot there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yea we aren't built to be run first but Buffalo isn't either, that's why I think in a slop fest game Allen running 10-12 times might be the difference.

It's good for them to get a game like this in now before the playoffs though since this will probably be the only actual "weather game" they have all year. The finale in Washington might have some weather but it also may not have any meaning.
Fine then whip out the read option a little with Lance. Wait, he is probably “not ready”.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No but it's the type of gritty game that I'd like to see us win. Sort of like the Seahawks game. Desperate team basically going balls to the wall for 4 quarters knowing that they are out gunned but giving it everything they have because their playoff hopes are on the line. It's the type of game that I don't care if Dallas wins with any style. They just need to go there and try to find a way to get a W.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Mazi’s first go without bona fide support. Could be fugly.
I'd be surprised if Mazi plays many more snaps than he has. I think other guys will take up the slack.

data

Forbes #1
A conspiracy theorist would say none of those factors matter and the victor will be decided by the refs.

A conspiracy theorist would say that the NFL was desirous of the Cowboys beating the Eagles last week to heighten December interest/ratings. We had three penalties picked up, got Dowdle’s TD on an overturn and a few favorable PIs (AJ Brown OPI).

Does the NFL benefit more from the Bills dropping to 7 losses? Probably not. However, if Bills win, then the conspiracy should have Seahawks win.

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Tough game this Sunday. A lot of pressure on the thread starter. :skurred

• Props

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Tough game this Sunday. A lot of pressure on the thread starter. :skurred
You should do so we can see if you wilt under pressure or not.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Consultation with the Lion. Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom