BBQ Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I didn’t realize I only had apple wood chips left for the smoker.

I’m hoping it’s not too fruity with the maple syrup/brown sugar.
Not sure how it will work with all the sweetness, but I've smoked ribeye steaks with applewood and that shit was great.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I just checked it, I have to find a rub that will crust, the shit I’ve tried so far just isn’t cutting it.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I just checked it, I have to find a rub that will crust, the shit I’ve tried so far just isn’t cutting it.
How much pepper is in the rub? A lot of pepper helps create a really nice bark on the meat.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
You know how when you have an idea and it goes perfect in your head?
How much pepper is in the rub? A lot of pepper helps create a really nice bark on the meat.
None. I’ll add pepper next time. I hadn’t seen that suggestion in anything I’ve read.

Thanks.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I pulled it out at 125 and it was just fine after resting. I’m cutting it into 1” steaks and I like mine rare, so it turned out just about perfect. Everyone else will get theirs thrown on the grill for a minute or so on both sides to get medium rare.

I wish it would have crusted because the few spots it did, omg. I tried some and it’s exactly what I was going for when I decided to coat it with maple syrup and garlic etc.

If you guys end up doing one, I settled on 190 degrees for 5 hours and pulled it at 125 degrees, could have probably gone to 130 and been just fine. It’s pink but not raw. Good shit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I pulled it out at 125 and it was just fine after resting. I’m cutting it into 1” steaks and I like mine rare, so it turned out just about perfect.
:hattip

Happy it turned out for ya.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I pulled it out at 125 and it was just fine after resting. I’m cutting it into 1” steaks and I like mine rare, so it turned out just about perfect. Everyone else will get theirs thrown on the grill for a minute or so on both sides to get medium rare.

I wish it would have crusted because the few spots it did, omg. I tried some and it’s exactly what I was going for when I decided to coat it with maple syrup and garlic etc.

If you guys end up doing one, I settled on 190 degrees for 5 hours and pulled it at 125 degrees, could have probably gone to 130 and been just fine. It’s pink but not raw. Good shit.
Pics or GTFO.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
LETS GO!!!

(I'm tired. Please don't make me do this)
Don’t F with me, bitch! I’m ready when you’re ready!

(But not tonight, I’ve had a long week. Or tomorrow because I’m cooking for a lot of people. Other than that I should be good.)

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don’t F with me, bitch! I’m ready when you’re ready!

(But not tonight, I’ve had a long week. Or tomorrow because I’m cooking for a lot of people. Other than that I should be good.)
I am confused why you would fight me. Let's either fight like normal humans or not.

ZeroClub

UFA
FWIW - Aaron Franklin's (Franklin Barbecue) rub for brisket and beef ribs is very simple. He uses equal parts kosher salt and 16-mesh ground black pepper. Granulated garlic, granulated onion, and paprika are his "optional add-ons." He advises that seasoning salt can be added too, but for as much as you add, you'd subtract an equal amount of kosher salt.

According to Franklin, "The goal of any rub is to compliment a nice piece of meat, not to obscure a crappy piece of meat."

Top Bottom