BBQ Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Taught my wife how to grill chicken breasts last night.

She wants to learn how to smoke bbq next.

That shit's not gonna happen though.

I have no doubt she could do it, she just doesn't need to be infringing on my smoking methods.

She's the type who can't handle downtime...there's laundry or dishes to do, or sweeping, mopping, dusting...and I need to be focused on the smoke.
Good call. Can't be letting the wimmins take over our shit.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I have no doubt she could do it, she just doesn't need to be infringing on my smoking methods.

She's the type who can't handle downtime...there's laundry or dishes to do, or sweeping, mopping, dusting...and I need to be focused on the smoke.
My wife does. Its mainly in the summer when she is home all day but its very tasty.

I do demand that she gets all her chores done before she plays.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
My wife does. Its mainly in the summer when she is home all day but its very tasty.

I do demand that she gets all her chores done before she plays.
There's too much that my wife needs to learn about grilling before she starts smoking.

Crawl before you walk, and respect the game and all that.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
There's too much that my wife needs to learn about grilling before she starts smoking.

Crawl before you walk, and respect the game and all that.
I went straight smoked meats. I never learned how to cook anything on a grill, and I don’t care if I ever do. It’s either cooked in a cast iron skillet or on a plancha.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Wow, she stepped way over the boundaries.

Sipping beer and talking shit with your boys while tending to the BBQ is every man's birthright. Don't let her take that away from you.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Wow, she stepped way over the boundaries.

Sipping beer and talking shit with your boys while tending to the BBQ is every man's birthright. Don't let her take that away from you.
TYFSWNTBS

Speaking of BBQ and talking mad shit, when are we gonna have a regional DCC throw down?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

You are taking the correct path here. You have to take a hard stance on this issue.

My wife really wants me to show her how to use the tractor. There is no way I will allow this. The smoker and the tractor are my domain and I refuse to budge. I tune the AC on in my tractor and then hotbox that bitch with my favorite cigar. I let the AC vents circulate smoke because it is my damn tractor. Ain’t nobody telling me what to do in that space.

gp_cowpolk

DCC 4Life
You are taking the correct path here. You have to take a hard stance on this issue.

My wife really wants me to show her how to use the tractor. There is no way I will allow this. The smoker and the tractor are my domain and I refuse to budge. I tune the AC on in my tractor and then hotbox that bitch with my favorite cigar. I let the AC vents circulate smoke because it is my damn tractor. Ain’t nobody telling me what to do in that space.
I go to my car to smoke a stogie and do the same thing Makes it smell great in there for days

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You're like an hour away from me right? Who else is in our region?
That's right, but I think that's about it for our local area.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Y'all could meet in Atlanta!!!
Not taking suggestions from out-of-staters...but you're welcome to join us in the real Georgia.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Smoking a couple briskets, a pork butt, and a bunch of Slovacek hot links

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I tried some of those new fancy smancy flavored Kingsford charcoal briquets.

I tried the garlic, onion, and paprika flavor with some chicken and pork chops and didn't notice a huge difference in flavor.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I tried some of those new fancy smancy flavored Kingsford charcoal briquets.

I tried the garlic, onion, and paprika flavor with some chicken and pork chops and didn't notice a huge difference in flavor.
Do you wear a sweater vest while grilling?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I smoked a shit load of pork shoulders this weekend.

Tonight we had mango, bbq, slaw, guac, and queso nachos with homemade bbq sauce.

"That stuff is bussin" is a direct quote from my kid, so it is legit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Dammit, I was just curious and wanted to try something different. :lol
Then just use the tried and true Kingsford blue bag and use a different wood

Top Bottom