Banner

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
so I have a "change banner" option in my settings?
Oh, you mean each individual poster. Uhh, no. You don't have that option.

data

Forbes #1
@pdom, any way you can change the blue in the banner you designed to match the background navy blue of the site? I think it would look cool as hell if it just blended right into the background. It would look seamless and look like it was made for this board.
No. The Landry silhouette was a downloaded picture that came in a blue color I can’t change elegantly with my basic PowerPoint skills. Someone with Photoshop could easily point-click-change, though.

Do you need me to lengthen or shorten height of the banner to help you enlargen it when you try to stretch it across the width of the forum?

I’ll email you the ppt and you can tinker with it, too.

Cotton

Staff member
FYI, Phil, the background color palette combo is 1,31,54 for the site. Not sure if you can match that or not.

Cotton

Staff member
No. The Landry silhouette was a downloaded picture that came in a blue color I can’t change elegantly with my basic PowerPoint skills. Someone with Photoshop could easily point-click-change, though.

Do you need me to lengthen or shorten height of the banner to help you enlargen it when you try to stretch it across the width of the forum?

I’ll email you the ppt and you can tinker with it, too.
I have resized it as big as I can make it. Outside of doing that I'm not sure how to make it bigger.

I am tinkering with the main background color to see if I can match it.

Cotton

Staff member
I have changed the background color and gotten it as close as I can. I spent 30 minutes on this. It is a very intricate thing. I got it pretty damn close. Not as close as I would like, but that's about as good as this white boy can get it.

data

Forbes #1
I have changed the background color and gotten it as close as I can. I spent 30 minutes on this. It is a very intricate thing. I got it pretty damn close. Not as close as I would like, but that's about as good as this white boy can get it.
Check your email.

Color's a pretty good match...as for size, the banner stretches across 2/3 my screen, 7 inches wide, which is solid. I think we're good.

Cotton

Staff member
Is there anyway I can change back to the one I had? With Michael Irvin?
I only have one template style set up. So, no way to toggle between styles. I am going to change it back for now until we make a final decision on what we stick with. In the meantime I will look into duplicating styles with different headers for people to make their own choice.

Cotton

Staff member
Don't remember which incarnation it was, but we used to.
We can have another style built for us so users can toggle, but we would have to pay for it because I don’t have the time to do it myself. @Doomsday had volunteered at one point to do a style. Not sure if he is still willing and able or not.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We can have another style built for us so users can toggle, but we would have to pay for it because I don’t have the time to do it myself. @Doomsday had volunteered at one point to do a style. Not sure if he is still willing and able or not.
I don't think it is really that important. I would rather get one good sharp one versus the option.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
@Doomsday had volunteered at one point to do a style. Not sure if he is still willing and able or not.
You can just copy the same style as many times as you need, as a child style of this one. (Create new style button in Appearance/Styles.) Naming them all differently, of course. All colors, everything you have customized will be identical - and you can set different header images for each and allow members to toggle.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't think it is really that important. I would rather get one good sharp one versus the option.
I wouldn't mind having the option for our members, but I don't think it is a good use of our money to pay for something like that.

Cotton

Staff member
You can just copy the same style as many times as you need, as a child style of this one. (Create new style button in Appearance/Styles.) Naming them all differently, of course. All colors, everything you have customized will be identical - and you can set different header images for each and allow members to toggle.
Hmm, good to know. Thank you. I will look into that.

Top Bottom