Banner

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, I plan to set the Rant banner tomorrow on Thanksgiving Day. Seems appropriate to me. Unless there is strong opposition to it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Looking forward to it, thanks man.

Cotton

Staff member
He was before my time. Big music fan, right?
Yes, he was a big music fan. He and I used to argue all the time. I like to think we both respected each other's opinions even though we disagreed a lot. He was hit by a drunk driver and killed while he was walking the streets in NYC.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yes, he was a big music fan. He and I used to argue all the time. I like to think we both respected each other's opinions even though we disagreed a lot. He was hit by a drunk driver and killed while he was walking the streets in NYC.
It was actually in Costa Mesa, CA.

Cotton

Staff member
It was actually in Costa Mesa, CA.

Oh wow. I’m not sure why I thought it was in NYC.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Rant!

This used to be the :rant smiley ( :viking )....I believe because he was a huge Entourage and Drama fan.

Nice touch guys.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rant!

This used to be the :rant smiley ( :viking )....I believe because he was a huge Entourage and Drama fan.

Nice touch guys.
Yup.

He would always post the pic of the smiling guy holding the axe.

10 years already. Damn.

data

Forbes #1
@Texas Ace wins the award for worst avatar transition...Makes our avatar's look 8k. Teh Acester looks like a pencil rub drawing.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
DCC: "We're jealous cause Rant got to miss the Jason Garrett era."

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What I remember about Rant is that he and I argued about Phillip Rivers as a prospect. I don't recall the exact genesis, but there was something about how many times he won a bowl game at NC State. I was pro-Rivers and he was anti.

As he was into memorabilia, one time he was at a signing, and Rivers was there, so he got Rivers to sign a miniature NCSU helmet and write "5x Bowl winner" on it, and he mailed it to me , out of the blue.

I still have it in my home office on a shelf, in it's plastic case.

I will say, not to be an asshole, I assume that banner is semi temporary?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Rant banner is set. RIP, brother. I can't believe it has already been 10 years.
so for those of us who didn't have the pleasure of getting to know this guy, can you tell us about him, what happened to him, etc?

sad he died so young

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
so for those of us who didn't have the pleasure of getting to know this guy, can you tell us about him, what happened to him, etc?

sad he died so young
What I recall is he was on his way somewhere and was walking and some lady was intoxicated while driving and ran over him. I am fuzzy regarding whether she stopped to render assistances but memory serves me she didn’t stop. I think he was produced DOA to the hospital. Others may have more accurate accounts.

Top Bottom