Banner

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Okay, so let's start talking banner. I still don't know how much it's going to be but regardless we need to get a plan together on design. A couple of my thoughts below. I would like to hear yours.

1. I don't think we need to put a current player on it. I think it needs to be an icon (Landry, Irvin, Emmitt, etc).

2. Do we like the "Dallas Cowboys Central" design in the banner, or should we blow the whole thing up and have her send up some examples?

3. I think having the 5 SB trophies in it might be a good idea.

4. Maybe the Cowboys helmet somewhere on it?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If you put the SB trophies on there that will be the only way we will ever see them again.

Could you have Jimmy and Landry carrying the trophies on one side and Jerry on the other?

Ok enough of the jokes.

The design of the site name is fine by me but that may only be because Im use to it by now.

I really don't want the trophies on there. I think it will just be depressing.

I think Landry would be the image I would want on there.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you put the SB trophies on there that will be the only way we will ever see them again.

Could you have Jimmy and Landry carrying the trophies on one side and Jerry on the other?

Ok enough of the jokes.

Maybe becaise I'm just used to but the design of the site name os fine by me.

I really don't want the trophies on there. I think it will just be depressing. I think Landry would be the image I would want on there.
The banner with the trophies would be outdated after this season...

Cotton

Staff member
I’m not married to the trophies but I think we need more than just one image.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I would put kind of collage of the greatest players over the years with the older players being B&W and faded to gradually get to the newer players in color. Not a ton of guys, maybe:

Lilly, Staubach, Dorsett, Triplets, Ware, Witten, Dak, Zeke

Leave the coaches the f out of it.

Cotton

Staff member
The only thing I will pull rank about and “put my foot down” on is the current player thing. Players change teams too often and I don’t want to ha e to change the banner again when a player gets traded or released.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only thing I will pull rank about and “put my foot down” on is the current player thing. Players change teams too often and I don’t want to ha e to change the banner again when a player gets traded or released.
This last one is what, 2 years old? I'm sure Dak and Zeke will last that long.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I would put kind of collage of the greatest players over the years with the older players being B&W and faded to gradually get to the newer players in color. Not a ton of guys, maybe:

Lilly, Staubach, Dorsett, Triplets, Ware, Witten, Dak, Zeke

Leave the coaches the f out of it.
Most coaches, yes. Landry isnt most coaches and would deserve it. He is an icon not only with the Cowboys but the NFL as well.

Cotton

Staff member
This last one is what, 2 years old? I'm sure Dak and Zeke will last that long.
I’d like to create a brand we can stick with. We aren’t using current players. That’s the only thing I’m adamant about.

Cotton

Staff member
What's wrong with the current one?
I have no issue with the current one. Others (Booze) is who has an issue with it. Maybe we leave Irvin and just freshen up the rest of it?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no issue with the current one. Others (Booze) is who has an issue with it. Maybe we leave Irvin and just freshen up the rest of it?
Oh I like it. I don't see the reason to keep changing it.

Cotton

Staff member
boozeman what say ye?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just put Whistling Ray and Rowdy on it with a background of the old Texas Stadium.

Cotton

Staff member
Just put Whistling Ray and Rowdy on it with a background of the old Texas Stadium.
I appreciate your input but Rowdy is not going on a banner on our board.

Ever.

Cotton

Staff member
I am okay with the Irvin thing. It is more about the general design than the theme.

I was always fond of our old classic design.

I like the Irvin part of it a lot. I do agree that it could be redesigned to make it look a bit more modern. Plus with this migration it will add to the “newness” of it all.

Cotton

Staff member
I am okay with the Irvin thing. It is more about the general design than the theme.

I was always fond of our old classic design.

Oh hell no on the old design. I hated that banner.

Top Bottom