Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That's a better excuse than he wasn't elite enough to draft in the 7th round at least.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not Cowboys related, but it looks like he is mentally prepared to kill this puppy. :lol

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Take out the trash.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I read an article that Miles Austin, DeMarcus Ware, Tony Romo, and Doug Free are the last 4 bad contracts that Cowboys have that need cleaning up.

How can that be? We have no money. And Austin and Ware are partially cleaned now.

Cotton

Staff member
I read an article that Miles Austin, DeMarcus Ware, Tony Romo, and Doug Free are the last 4 bad contracts that Cowboys have that need cleaning up.

How can that be? We have no money. And Austin and Ware are partially cleaned now.
Part of it is Romo taking up about 25% of the salary cap all by himself. Or at least it did before the restructure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I thought Free's contract was basically fixed now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I am a little excited for Ahmad Dixon. He wasn't my favorite safety but he was an absolute steal in the seventh round. I think he is easily better then a dude like Heath and may not be far off from Wilcox.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I'm guessing that alot of it is dead money.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Carr's deal chews up 12 to just under 14 mil every year. Also, Romo's cap hit next year is 27 mil which is astronomical compared with anything out there. Sean Lee had better figure out how to get healthy, because his cap number jumps to 5.5 mil this year and only increases after that. Witten's earning his money, but his cap number nearly doubled to 8.5 mil this year.

Tyron Smith is tieing up 10 mil in 2015, and he should sign a massive contract to lower that number. Dez Bryant's deal is going to be INSANE.

We release Carr June 2015, Romo and Witten June 2016, and we can think about getting right.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I am a little excited for Ahmad Dixon. He wasn't my favorite safety but he was an absolute steal in the seventh round. I think he is easily better then a dude like Heath and may not be far off from Wilcox.
Don't expect too much from Dixon. I think he has a good shot to make the team, only because of the utter garbage we're throwing out there at safety, but he's going to get picked apart in the passing game just like our other safeties.

He'll make some "woo" hits but he'll be out of position and slow to react on passing plays and we'll be cursing him before Halloween.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Agreed about Dixon. Decent pick from the 7th but not a mega steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom