Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Good Jesus no.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Good Jesus no.
I like Savage.

I don't like him 2nd or 3rd round, but I like him just the same.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like Savage.

I don't like him 2nd or 3rd round, but I like him just the same.
Good luck with a jittery inaccurate 24 year old rookie who can't handle a pass rush.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:cry

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

:cry
The player is good, though early at 16, but raw passionate meltdown potential on this board may be worth the loss.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The player is good, though early at 16, but raw passionate meltdown potential on this board may be worth the loss.
It would just be like Jerry Jones to kick me in the balls like this.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

I'm going to try that in regular conversation and watch the confused looks. Should make for a few laughs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
God I fucking hate this line of thinking.

He's not going to play this year! What use is he?! None! Durrrrrrr.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
A trade down for Ealy works for me.
He would be more of a target if they trade back, right? In the limited amount of stuff I've been hearing/reading about the draft it seems like he might be around later in the 1st?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
God I fucking hate this line of thinking.

He's not going to play this year! What use is he?! None! Durrrrrrr.
Related to you before that this is now a play immediate NFL. The entire league has gone that direction. "Stockpiling" is a thing of the past for virtually a organizations.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He would be more of a target if they trade back, right? In the limited amount of stuff I've been hearing/reading about the draft it seems like he might be around later in the 1st?
I think that's what he meant by trade down.

:unsure

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's stupid.
It's actually almost necessary with the salary cap. If someone isn't contributing to the game it's not affordable to have use up cap space. The NFL is a business and as such the team's have to stretch their bucks because of the large salaries generated by player contracts.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't think that's true at all.

What's more economical for this team.... paying it's QB of the future a rookie wage, or paying that same money to Kony Ealy to be a merely solid LE for the next 5 years?

Easy call to me. That money is sunk, you are paying it if you make that selection no matter who it's used on, and we can afford it, in the sense that it mathematically fits under the cap.

Getting a QB of the future, who allows us to move on from Romo's enormous cap hit sooner rather than later, is much more financially beneficial than drafting an immediate starting caliber player just because you're trying to justify the salary.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What's more economical for this team.... paying it's QB of the future a rookie wage, or paying that same money to Kony Ealy to be a merely solid LE for the next 5 years?
It would be 4 years at the rookie wage. The 5th year option is a substantial raise. Either that, or extend them with a new contract which will also mean a raise, albeit probably a more cap friendly raise.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It would be 4 years at the rookie wage. The 5th year option is a substantial raise. Either that, or extend them with a new contract which will also mean a raise, albeit probably a more cap friendly raise.
He'd be starting by 2016 anyway.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's a fine balance trying to keep cap space available and allocating salary requirement to players who are starters and you want to retain. Obviously you can't afford to pay backups the same rate you pay starters. The qb spot has some exceptions if in fact they are in line as a starter but then you can't have veteran QBs on the roster at the same time as a general matter unless you are good on cap space. The qb in waiting essentially has to be prepared to play at anytime. Again that is the exceptional position because you can't have high draft picks as backups. They are generally selected to become starters right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom