Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They are also the ones saying they want nothing to do with an older back. Soooo.....
I was specifically talking about rbs and the blitz thing. You go.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What young RB? This has to be his way of saying they aren't doing anything at RB without actually saying it. There will be no young RB that shakes out. And, if they are young, they will be unproven in the league. I'm just not seeing it.
Christine Michael could shake loose maybe?

dallen

Senior Tech
I think we'll see another vet signed after week 1. The procrastination is centered around that non-guaranteed contract loophole, IMO.
That's been our MO in the past, especially after someone signs a big contract

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:art

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I agree. Just don't think we have that in Dallas.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I agree. Just don't think we have that in Dallas.
Yea without a 3 down back I don't think we have that either. A rbbc can work but you are telegraphing your playcall to an extent depending which back is in there

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

:art
I couldn't agree more, but I don't understand why they haven't acted as if they really believe it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea without a 3 down back I don't think we have that either. A rbbc can work but you are telegraphing your playcall to an extent depending which back is in there
You aren't with Randle and McFadden at least. Both guys can run all of the same plays. You don't really have to telegraph anything. RBBC is sort of the same concept as we have on the defensive line. You constantly bring guys in with fresh legs going against guys who are tired and exhausted. People act like RBBC is some sort of a dirty word. It really isn't at all.

Of course even with a committee you're still going to have a lead guy. It's not like you're splitting carries equally every game. You're just not force feeding anyone 400 carries either.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And balance becomes harder to achieve because some are better at pass blocking/receiving than others.

It's tough stocking a committee with backs who can play all three downs.

Which is why I want to add Steven Jackson to the committee.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jackson is beyond done. If people think what we've done this offseason to our running game is stupid, picking him up would be the retarded cherry on top of the shit sundae.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Even that Jerry interview tweet is a little different from what the team used to say. Before it was that we're a running team and that's the core of what we do. Now we just need to have a running game the other team respects. In other words, so they can't load up on the pass. That's different from running being your identity.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Even that Jerry interview tweet is a little different from what the team used to say. Before it was that we're a running team and that's the core of what we do. Now we just need to have a running game the other team respects. In other words, so they can't load up on the pass. That's different from running being your identity.
Are we really parcing what Jerry says?

If that was coming from Garrett or Linehan I would be worried but Jerry is just rambling these days.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are we really parcing what Jerry says?

If that was coming from Garrett or Linehan I would be worried but Jerry is just rambling these days.
I don't even know if I'd be concerned if Linehan said that teams need to respect our running game. Do people really think coaches are choosing their words that carefully?

dallen

Senior Tech
I would not have guessed this, but we have the best cumulative record in the division and second best in the conference over the past 10 years:

source: http://imgur.com/a/o2bkx

dallen

Senior Tech
Raiders were the worst in the league with 47 wins. Patriots are #1 with 122 wins

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would not have guessed this, but we have the best cumulative record in the division and second best in the conference over the past 10 years:

source: http://imgur.com/a/o2bkx
It's because we haven't been that bad lately. We just haven't always been that good. When you go 8-8 most years and pepper in a couple great seasons, it makes for a damn good overall record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom