Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, whatever.

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Not sure what George's point is supposed to be here but 228 yards versus 311 yards in the same number of attempts is a huge, huge difference .

Cotton

Staff member
Not sure what George's point is supposed to be here but 228 yards versus 311 yards in the same number of attempts is a huge, huge difference .
I think it was more the INTs than anything.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think it was more the INTs than anything.
Still not sure what point he's trying to make, I've seen quite abit of Winston's snaps so far and while he will definitely have growing pains anyone can tell Vaughn isn't in the same class as him. Not trying to defend Winston more that the stats don't show how truly awful Vaughn has been.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
why would he bullshit about that?
Because he knows the fan base is restless about what is a pretty big deal. Nothing like a little hope tidbit to keep people calm.

"A position of interest". At the final cuts. But hey, they better be young.

Now if they don't do anything, they can always say they didn't get the opportunity, just like the draft.

This is not a let things come to you business. If you believe strongly in something, then you should make it happen. It can be done, no matter what it is.

They are not going to admit they screwed the pooch. They can say, rather easily, things just didn't work out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Still not sure what point he's trying to make, I've seen quite abit of Winston's snaps so far and while he will definitely have growing pains anyone can tell Vaughn isn't in the same class as him. Not trying to defend Winston more that the stats don't show how truly awful Vaughn has been.
Vaughan has also been playing against schlubs. A chunk of Winston's action has been against first and second stringers.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Because he knows the fan base is restless about what is a pretty big deal. Nothing like a little hope tidbit to keep people calm.

Now if they don't do anything, they can always say they didn't get the opportunity, just like the draft.

This is not a let things come to you business. If you believe strongly in something, then you should make it happen. It can be done, no matter what it is.

They are not going to admit they screwed the pooch. They can say, rather easily, things just didn't work out.
I held fast to the idea that of course they are going to do something since they didn't get a RB in the draft but I have given up. Who are they going to cut to give some carries to? Not McFadden if he's healthy because they at least want to see if he can give them some juice behind this OL. Not Randle as it seems like they are prepared to let him be a big part of a committee. Not Dunbar because they inexplicably seem to think he is a weapon of some sort. I guess they see him every day & see something but I want to see any kind of sustained success on Sunday. Have my doubts.

If they don't add someone now they will be looking for someone when McFadden has a hammy & Dunbar is out with a broken collarbone or something. The offense might be good enough to function with a collection of meh RBs but it makes me nervous.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Damn... but...

Damn

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
Fuckin A right he will.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He should. He'll win on the same grounds; essentially Berman said "Brady had no notice he could be suspended for four games for either cheating or for obstructing an investigation." He cited other instances where players were only fined and pointed out in the conduct policy it doesn't say anything about suspension.

Given Peterson's win and now Brady's, I think Hardy wins too. Of course it would be just our luck that he loses and gets stuck with the suspension at a crucial part of the season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He should. He'll win on the same grounds; essentially Berman said "Brady had no notice he could be suspended for four games for either cheating or for obstructing an investigation." He cited other instances where players were only fined and pointed out in the conduct policy it doesn't say anything about suspension.

Given Peterson's win and now Brady's, I think Hardy wins too. Of course it would be just our luck that he loses and gets stuck with the suspension at a crucial part of the season.
Are they the same thing? Hardy was suspended for some kind of domestic thing as I recall. Will this fall under the same judicial mindset?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Are they the same thing? Hardy was suspended for some kind of domestic thing as I recall. Will this fall under the same judicial mindset?
Since he wasn't convicted of it I'd think he has a very strong case to have his suspension overturned

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Since he wasn't convicted of it I'd think he has a very strong case to have his suspension overturned
Could be. I haven't looked at the judicial decision. Kinda makes one wonder if the league needs a commissioner to hand down penalties if the judicial system i$ going to have the last word.

townsend

Banned
I feel like, at this point, player conduct should be enforced by the teams, and the NFL should punish the teams if their players keep effing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom