Archer: Cowboys Sign Ex-USFL Kicker Brandon Aubrey

p1_

DCC 4Life
That ought to quiet the haters .

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've always said, give me a dude who will nail everything inside 50. To me that is far more important. I don't want my coach settling for a 60 yard field goal. Sure you might not have a choice at the end of the half or end of the game but those are not common occurrences. Otherwise don't attempt those, a miss makes it way too easy for the other team to score points. Hell I'd rather just go for it on fourth assuming it's a reasonable distance. Kicks from inside of 50 on the other hand are drive killers if you miss them.

I have no real comment on this kicker though. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Kickers aren't like other positions. Dude from the USFL could be great or he could be absolute garbage. NFL probowl kicker could fall off a cliff at any point and suck because he got the yips. Top draft pick at kicker could be an utter failure.

Do I feel good about a kicker I don't know anything about. Not really, but I can acknowledge I have no real idea.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
Vizcaino on notice.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Just curious, did someone else sign the other USFL kicker who got some pub or did we just think this guy was better?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep that was the guy.

Wait, no, I thought that was the name, but that guy is a punter.

Edit again, that was the guy:

If he's that good a kicker, then why does his USFL team have another kicker on the roster...

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yep that was the guy.

Wait, no, I thought that was the name, but that guy is a punter.

Edit again, that was the guy:

If he's that good a kicker, then why does his USFL team have another kicker on the roster...
Same guy, he’s a combo player, twofer.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Never underestimate senyor Bones.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Never underestimate senyor Bones.
Most of us were all :skurred about bringing Maher back last year and he did great.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom