AP: NFL more forceful about proposed Texas 'bathroom bill'

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Is this about Transgender rights or is it about the NFL wanting to sanction football in Texas because of Texas laws?
Whatever the NFL's motivations, I applaud their stance. They may just want to make life easier on their own stadium security, but I really don't care why. Just glad they are doing it.

Just research the condition before calling out someone as a pervert.

I wouldn't wish the condition on anyone, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that the people who have it don't deserve to be able to relieve themselves at a ballgame without shame or fear of being beaten for walking into a bathroom.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Whatever the NFL's motivations, I applaud their stance. They may just want to make life easier on their own stadium security, but I really don't care why. Just glad they are doing it.

I wouldn't wish the condition on anyone, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that the people who have it don't deserve to be able to relieve themselves at a ballgame without shame or fear of being beaten for walking into a bathroom.
The issue isn't a "transgender" person being a pervert. The issue is, if we allow a person of a different sex to freely enter the other sex's restroom, you open up the opportunity for my daughter to be put in danger. How you, with two daughters, can't understand that is beyond me.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call bullshit.
Dude, I didn't know about it myself until a long time friend came out. It floored me. Turns out it's no bullshit, and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

It forced me to look at it with an open mind. It's still hard at times, but I've accepted it's real.

Whatever you decide or have decided is fine with me, just stating my opinion and hope that you're never put in a position where you feel you have to hurt someone.

But your daughter is going to run into transgenders sooner or later as more and more people come to recognize their condition.

Everyone has to use the bathroom.

Cotton

Staff member
Dude, I didn't know about it myself until a long time friend came out. It floored me. Turns out it's no bullshit, and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

It forced me to look at it with an open mind. It's still hard at times, but I've accepted it's real.

Whatever you decide or have decided is fine with me, just stating my opinion and hope that you're never put in a position where you feel you have to hurt someone.

But it your daughter is going to run into transgenders sooner or later as more and more people come to recognize their condition.

Everyone has to use the bathroom.
It. is. not. a. medical. condition.

Did they have their DNA tested and it confirmed they were born a different gender? Yeah...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It is medical, but we can't spin on the topic of gender dysphoria in this thread.

Real transgenders aside then, I still find it hard to imagine a person disguising themselves as a transgender at a sporting event for the sole purpose of accosting someone in a public restroom.

Kids are watched by most good parents at public events anyways. I'm sure you do, just as we do.

It really comes down to the actual transgenders, no more of whom are perverts than non-transgenders. What's fair to them?

Cotton

Staff member
It is medical, but we can't spin on the topic of gender dysphoria in this thread.

Real transgenders aside then, I still find it hard to imagine a person disguising themselves as a transgender at a sporting event for the sole purpose of accosting someone in a public restroom.

Kids are watched by most good parents at public events anyways. I'm sure you do, just as we do.

It really comes down to the actual transgenders, no more of whom are perverts than non-transgenders. What's fair to them?
I'm on my phone but there have already been many documented cases of sick bastards doing exactly what you have described.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

The only reason that would happen is if they gave the physical appearence they were in the wrong restroom. That may in fact provoke a violent act. It would be irresponsible for someone to create that situation when it is easily avoided. If they wished to go into a ladies room look the part. Similarly for the men's room. I might add they shouldn't do something to bring about a problem in the room.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Don't get it twisted the NRA isn't a lobby for gun owners, they are a lobby for gun manufacturers.

Cotton

Staff member
Don't get it twisted the NRA isn't a lobby for gun owners, they are a lobby for gun manufacturers.
Wouldn't they inherently be lobbying for gun owners if their intent is for gun manufacturers to flourish?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wouldn't they inherently be lobbying for gun owners if their intent is for gun manufacturers to flourish?
Of course they would. And since the money for the NRA comes from individuals and not corporations I think it's a little disingenuous to say that the NRA works for the gun manufacturers.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I wonder why transgender has never been a thing until like 20 years ago.

Homosexuality has always been around. Not so transgenderism.

Mental condition, not medical condition.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I tend to agree. I think a lot of this stuff is programmed suggestion from Councilors. The trends a few years back was for the suggestion to some that were sexually abused. The subjects would readily admit the didn't realize it until the councilor made them aware.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It almost seems like a further progression of homosexuality. We've always had women who were lsbian that preferred to look more like a man and men who were gay that prefered to look more like a woman. It's like it has just gone a step further.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What fucking cracks me up are parents now that say "my seven-year old is transgendered."

Fuck you, they are seven.

Get a fucking grip with your own sexuality issues before you put it on a poor kid.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have been around more than some and there has been transvestites or cross dressers some of which had gay tendencies while others just liked dressing that way. There were gays and Lesbians and that was petty cut and dried as to gender preference by the way the couple was groomed. Transgendered is a new term but I am not sure when and how it all came about but with all the issues presented I simply do not recall the driving desire to switch restrooms until recently.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have been around more than some and there has been transvestites or cross dressers some of which had gay tendencies while others just liked dressing that way. There were gays and Lesbians and that was petty cut and dried as to gender preference by the way the couple was groomed. Transgendered is a new term but I am not sure when and how it all came about but with all the issues presented I simply do not recall the driving desire to switch restrooms until recently.
Blame Bruce Jenner. Fuck that guy. He was on my Wheaties box. Most people would be satisfied with that level of attention.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It is a social issue that goes along with a change in morals.

Cotton

Staff member
Gay became too normal. Had to take it further. The gays are not upset they aren't unoriginal.

I joke maybe a little bit. But this is getting out of hand.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What fucking cracks me up are parents now that say "my seven-year old is transgendered."

Fuck you, they are seven.

Get a fucking grip with your own sexuality issues before you put it on a poor kid.
A million percent, this.

Ultimately don't care if adults want to have surgeries or take drugs or whatever.

But under-18 being exposed to these "therapies" should be abuse and a crime, and under-10 is just horrific.

Top Bottom