AP: NFL more forceful about proposed Texas 'bathroom bill'

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think the NFL has or can utilize o Lobbyist since they don't represent the greater good for the public. It's not a function that affects public preference toward legal or policy issues.

It is a private system that is closed to public access except for what is allowed to be shown to the public. As to social issues the League can administer its own policies and procedures for its members as long as they aren't contrary to public law.
There are plenty of entity's that don't lobby for the greater good and that are private, why is the NFL any different.

Namely the NRA who lobby for private entity's.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are plenty of entity's that don't lobby for the greater good and that are private, why is the NFL any different.

Namely the NRA who lobby for private entity's.
You need to read the guidelines on who is allowed to lobby.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just like all of the laws against murder and rape stop people right?
If murder and rape were legal then there would be a helluva lot more of it, so yeah...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It helps me and my daughter. So there's that.
This is the sentiment that the right wing is counting on to galvanize its base.

Has seeing a transsexual in a bathroom really affected either you or someone you know? In ladies rooms everyone uses a private stall. Are we really listening in terror for what the stream sounds like?

What about when we share facilities with gay people? Are they even scarier since you really can't tell?

After a sex change operation, a former male can't pee at a urinal anymore. So now we're going to make them line up for stalls in mens room? In their dresses with a bunch of drunks?

And who is going to enforce all this? I can bet stadium security staff and cops are really looking forward to that.

Cotton

Staff member
You need to read the guidelines on who is allowed to lobby.
You're right. Even the transportation association I'm a part of is not even allowed to lobby. We visit our congressman, and can tell our stories of what we do and what we are trying to accomplish, but only our lobbyist is allowed to actually lobby Congress. And, he only can do so on the part of the transportation industry, not on behalf of our association alone.

Cotton

Staff member
Because it's a valid concern, yeah.

Has seeing a transsexual in a bathroom really affected either you or someone you know? In ladies rooms everyone uses a private stall. Are we really listening in terror for what the stream sounds like?
Such a dumb argument. I'm worried about some fucking pervert being in a private bathroom with my daughter. I guess you don't understand that part of it.

What about when we share facilities with gay people? Are they even scarier since you really can't tell?
Uhh, gay people are already using the restroom with their same sex. So, again, dumb comparison.

After a sex change operation, a former male can't pee at a urinal anymore. So now we're going to make them line up for stalls in mens room? In their dresses with a bunch of drunks?
They were not forced to have a sex change. They did so of their own free will. We should not be forced to put our dangers in possible harms way because of that decision. Because I can't tell the difference between a sick pervert and someone who just cut their dick off.

And who is going to enforce all this? I can bet stadium security staff and cops are really looking forward to that.
Most times it would be self-policed. I know I, for one, would beat the ass of some guy going into the restroom with my daughter. But, yeah, it would be enforced by yhe same token as other things. "See something, Say something."

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

But what if some truly don't want their daughters exposed to this? Does that have to be a right wing issue?

Cotton

Staff member
But what if some truly don't want their daughters exposed to this? Does that have to be a right wing issue?
And, do those parents have the same or less rights than someone who cut their dick off on purpose?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
And, do those parents have the same or less rights than someone who cut their dick off on purpose?
Trans people are suffering because they don't have a place to pee. They are humiliated and scared = sympathy from the world.

Young girls are suffering because they are scared and uncomfortable = too bad it's because your parents suck.

Cotton

Staff member
Trans people are suffering because they don't have a place to pee. They are humiliated and scared = sympathy from the world.

Young girls are suffering because they are scared and uncomfortable = too bad it's because your parents suck.
More like, too bad, you are going to PAY for being normal!!!!!!

Cotton

Staff member
Oh no he didn't!!!
You joke, but if I said that in a public forum, especially in say a university setting, I would get crucified as a selfless and ignorant bigot.

It's now a social crime to be normal and proud of it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You joke, but if I said that in a public forum, especially in say a university setting, I would get crucified as a selfless and ignorant bigot.

It's now a social crime to be normal and proud of it.
The term "normal" would instantly piss social justice warriors off.

Cotton

Staff member
The term "normal" would instantly piss social justice warriors off.
Yep, it's a bad word now. When I talk to some people about my daughter, they use normal very guardedly. Like, I might say "I can't for the life of me get my daughter to wipe her ass properly", they might say, "I think that's the same even with ~short pause~ you know, like 'other' kids". I tell them, it's okay to say normal. I know my daughter isn't normal. But, then again, I'm not a little bitch like some people.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Is this about Transgender rights or is it about the NFL wanting to sanction football in Texas because of Texas laws?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is reality.

I have two daughters myself. They know transgenders their own age.

I have a long time friend who battled for years hiding in self denial and self-loathing before accepting the truth. It's a medical condition, not a mental one.

It's real and it affects a lot of people.

Shaming transgenders at the moment they try to relieve themselves is about as ridiculous a premise for a law as I've seen reasonable government attempt.

In promoting it, this Governor is proving himself to be a pandering jackass at the expense of a few who've done nothing to hurt anybody.

Cotton

Staff member
This is reality.

I have two daughters myself. They know transgenders their own age.

I have a long time friend who battled for years hiding in self denial and self-loathing before accepting the truth. It's a medical condition, not a mental one.

It's real and it affects a lot of people.

Shaming transgenders at the moment they try to relieve themselves is about as ridiculous a premise for a law as I've seen reasonable government attempt.

In promoting it, this Governor is proving himself to be a pandering jackass at the expense of a few who've done nothing to hurt anybody.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call bullshit.

Top Bottom