A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

townsend

Banned
You keep claiming it doesn't exist on the left, I don't think that's true.
Actually I’ve been looking into the Berkeley fights, and I think I underestimated the organizational structure of some of these black bloc/anarchist/leftist fringe groups. I still believe they’re pulled out to draw false equivalence to much more organized, violent, and insidious organizations, especially in Charlottesville, but there is definitely more structure to “antifa” groups than I realized.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Some of us throw a “hissy fit”. because certain things are sacred to us. The flag and what it stands for happens to be one of those things. It’s a matter of watching some show their utter disrespect of this country by choosing this particular time to vent their protests. It simply is not the appropriate time to display your own agendas by trampling on the very time when so many are trying to show their allegence to this country. It is an outrage and there are those of us who will never bend to the point of being okay with this kind of conduct. I am actually glad to see the countrys leader take a position to try to preserve this show of respect for the country.
:lol

Triggered snowflake alert.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Some of us throw a “hissy fit”. because certain things are sacred to us. The flag and what it stands for happens to be one of those things. It’s a matter of watching some show their utter disrespect of this country by choosing this particular time to vent their protests. It simply is not the appropriate time to display your own agendas by trampling on the very time when so many are trying to show their allegence to this country. It is an outrage and there are those of us who will never bend to the point of being okay with this kind of conduct. I am actually glad to see the countrys leader take a position to try to preserve this show of respect for the country.
I understand you think it's very bad neigh terrible that they kneel, but...

a) Non of the eagles did, so that should not be an issue
b) You always stand by the Law and they wouldn't have broken any, not even a contractual one, had they done so

So again the only reason for cancelling the event (that is a tradition) is that president Trump's ego cannot handle the fact that some of the players would rather not attend and shake his hand...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I understand you think it's very bad neigh terrible that they kneel, but...

a) Non of the eagles did, so that should not be an issue
b) You always stand by the Law and they wouldn't have broken any, not even a contractual one, had they done so

So again the only reason for cancelling the event (that is a tradition) is that president Trump's ego cannot handle the fact that some of the players would rather not attend and shake his hand...
I don't think its bad that they kneel its when they choose to kneel. it's a slap in the face. And you are mixing two circumstances together. There is the issue of the National Anthem that occurred during the season and Trumps response by saying they should be dismissed. This entailed every team and owner. Then there's the instance of the Eagles protesting an appearance to the White House after winning the Championship and Trump canceling their appearance. Both instances had players protesting something.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This was supposed to be Eagles fans. Sorry, looks like a bunch of planted suits wearing access badges.

What a fuckin' joke.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Can’t believe this board is feeling bad for Philly. Try to concentrate on such tings as the way they cheered when Michael Irvin was laying on their turf with nearly a broken neck.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
“The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow. They disagree with their President :rofl because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country.

“The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better. These fans are still invited to the White House to be part of a different type of ceremony — one that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem. I will be there at 3:00 p.m. with the United States Marine Band and the United States Army Chorus to celebrate America.”

Not one Eagles player on the final 53 took a knee all season.

Trump's propaganda network tried showing players praying before anthem as proof they did.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
:rofl

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
“The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow. They disagree with their President :rofl because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country.

“The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better. These fans are still invited to the White House to be part of a different type of ceremony — one that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem. I will be there at 3:00 p.m. with the United States Marine Band and the United States Army Chorus to celebrate America.”

Not one Eagles player on the final 53 took a knee all season.

Trump's propaganda network tried showing players praying before anthem as proof they did.
That has nothing to do with this. There were many players on the team that refused to go to the White House. They were thumbing their nose at the President and he pulled the plug on the visit.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Can’t believe this board is feeling bad for Philly. Try to concentrate on such tings as the way they cheered when Michael Irvin was laying on their turf with nearly a broken neck.
I’m starting to think you and Trump have the same thought process, do you have a current photo? I hope you’re not turning orange.
A couple (2 as far as I know) eagle players said they wouldn’t go, so even though no eagle knelt Trump spun it to be about lack of respect to the flag and not about his tantrums.
And now you’re trying to spin it to be about the eagles when no one on this board gives a shit about them, but do feel annoyed by the actions of the president.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I’m starting to think you and Trump have the same thought process, do you have a current photo? I hope you’re not turning orange.
A couple (2 as far as I know) eagle players said they wouldn’t go, so even though no eagle knelt Trump spun it to be about lack of respect to the flag and not about his tantrums.
And now you’re trying to spin it to be about the eagles when no one on this board gives a shit about them, but do feel annoyed by the actions of the president.
Not sure where you saw it was only a couple that declined to go but from what I saw earlier the Eagles tried to reschedule for when Trump would be in Singapore and when that got vetoed they said only 5-6 players+Lurie+the mascot were coming.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair they protested during the anthem. They just did the raised fist thing instead. So let's not pretend like the Eagles weren't protesting during the anthem. They just did it differently.

But if I were the President I'd be the bigger man and let those who want to come still come. Those who weren't going to come are idiots in my opinion but the President is as well by uninviting everyone else.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not sure where you saw it was only a couple that declined to go but from what I saw earlier the Eagles tried to reschedule for when Trump would be in Singapore and when that got vetoed they said only 5-6 players+Lurie+the mascot were coming.
Yeah, Bob Papa and Ed McCaffery were talking about it on NFL Network today. Papa said there were only going to be about 5 or 6 players there, so the Whitehouse pulled the plug.

But, you know.... OUTRAGE!

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Yeah, Bob Papa and Ed McCaffery were talking about it on NFL Network today. Papa said there were only going to be about 5 or 6 players there, so the Whitehouse pulled the plug.

But, you know.... OUTRAGE!
Reports I saw only mention Long and one other player

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That’s why they make strawberry and chocolate ice cream. :art

Top Bottom