A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I actually like visiting California but I would never want to live there.

The same for Florida. I did live in Tampa for 3.5 years and hated it.
Absolutely.

Florida is not quite as awful, but pretty damned close.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As an aside, it appears this thread has completely veered off course into the corn field. We are not even talking about the damn kneeling thing any more.

townsend

Banned
As an aside, it appears this thread has completely veered off course into the corn field. We are not even talking about the damn kneeling thing any more.
Don’t worry, Trump will tweet about it in a few days when he wants cable news to talk about it for another 72 hours.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
From the source, of your source howmuch.net

This is an anti-immigration think tank spit-balling tax expenses, with some wild ass guesses thrown in, and does nothing to estimate the economic benefit of immigration (for instance the overwhelming percentage of immigrant laborers California depends on to pick fruit).

Also there’s just inherent deceptiveness to this kind of statistic because since almost all gov’ts run in the red, you could come up with a much larger estimate to the amount legal citizens “cost” the government, even though they’re the ones driving the economy that funds it.
You obviously think that these figures are opinions of what someone thinks has been spent. The budget figures are public information and these numbers are derived from each states budget numbers. It not an estimate or an opinion. It’s compiled figures from this organization. Here’s another one you can pour over.

https://nationaleconomicseditorial.com/2017/02/21/costs-illegal-immigration-california/

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is absolutely true. Only ex military I know who live there are military contractors or working in silicon valley.
San Diego is full of Navy retirees. The area south of Los Angles has a lot of Military retirees.

townsend

Banned
You obviously think that these figures are opinions of what someone thinks has been spent. The budget figures are public information and these numbers are derived from each states budget numbers. It not an estimate or an opinion. It’s compiled figures from this organization. Here’s another one you can pour over.

https://nationaleconomicseditorial.com/2017/02/21/costs-illegal-immigration-california/
This is a far right propaganda site

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/national-economics-editorial/

The numbers you quotd were not real figures they’re fudged numbers that I just posted a pretty exhaustive rebuke of.

townsend

Banned
San Diego is full of Navy retirees. The area south of Los Angles has a lot of Military retirees.
Yeah I know one retiree who had planned to stay in San Diego, then she married someone who was Active Duty, now they’ve transferred to Biloxi, and the downgrade in quality of life is... significant.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I know one retiree who had planned to stay in San Diego, then she married someone who was Active Duty, now they’ve transferred to Biloxi, and the downgrade in quality of life is... significant.
I can bet the standard of living is a hell of a lot better.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That’s one example but the state as a whole is high priced real estate and prices for living is signifintaly higher which equates to getting less for you buck and hence a lower standard of living.

data

Forbes #1
You guys just don’t see what’s being built here. It’s a process.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You guys just don’t see what’s being built here. It’s a process.
I know your train isn’t getting built and is a really sore spot with some. They tell me that there has been several tax increases for this project and not one inch of track has been laid. Others seem to think that not even has all the right of ways have been acquired.

data

Forbes #1
I know your train isn’t getting built and is a really sore spot with some. They tell me that there has been several tax increases for this project and not one inch of track has been laid. Others seem to think that not even has all the right of ways have been acquired.
Lot of things aren’t getting built - homes, schools, roads, airports. Not sure if they should, either. Once the mass exodus is complete, it’ll be a barren wasteland.

They even cancelled the Shamu show. Said it was inhumane. Living in California, even for Shamu, is tougher than out in the wild.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Lot of things aren’t getting built - homes, schools, roads, airports. Not sure if they should, either. Once the mass exodus is complete, it’ll be a barren wasteland.

They even cancelled the Shamu show. Said it was inhumane. Living in California, even for Shamu, is tougher than out in the wild.
:lol

townsend

Banned
I'm sure if you think on it for awhile it will come to you.
I’m sorry, do I even fucking know you?

Cuz if I kicked your dog or something I’m sorry, but if you’re just trying to dogpile on insults because you disagree with my opinions you’re not doing very much to refute my belief this is an echo chamber, and certainly refutes skid’s assertion that some kind of common courtesy exists on this board.

Top Bottom