A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

:lol

Not divisive.
And how was this divesiness started? It didn’t start at the White House and some of the Eagles team members stated the would not appear.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
And how was this divesiness started? It didn’t start at the White House and some of the Eagles team members stated the would not appear.
So he cancels the entire thing because of a few players?

Yeah, nothing like sticking it to a bunch of Negroes to fire up the ole base.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So he cancels the entire thing because of a few players?

Yeah, nothing like sticking it to a bunch of Negroes to fire up the ole base.
It’s up to the owners to get their employees in tow. And what has this to do with”Negros”? You are probably one of the biggest race baiters on this forum. You can’t seem to get through any conversation without throwing out the card.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It’s up to the owners to get their employees in tow. And what has this to do with”Negros”? You are probably one of the biggest race baiters on this forum. You can’t seem to get through any conversation without throwing out the card.
Yes sir, gotta get the owners and overseers to get them boys “in tow”.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It started when he butted into the league's business, making inflammatory comments about how they should be fired and more recently strong arming loyalist owners and Goodell into the policy change. If he left it alone and stayed out of it, this would not be a topic of conversation.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It's not expected of them to unite, they are not expected to represent the US, but the President...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Whoa there.

You just said it was fact that he was racist.

Now it's a "possibility" that he's just power hungry and intoxicated with winning?

Better get your lies straight before posting any more, junior.
Whoa, Smitty called someone junior. We have now officially come full circle as a board.

Cotton

Staff member
Gorsuch is fringe. Speaking of being invalidated. Jesus Christ.

Cotton

Staff member
The time I wrote Gorsuch I meant Gorka, I don’t consider Gorsuch fringe at all, he’s sort of the definition of an establishment conservative, and I appreciated him chiding the senate for playing politics to prevent Merrick Garland from being appointed, likewise I disagreed with Dems decision to attempt to filibuster his nomination.

I stand by what I say about Antifa, they basically don’t exist, just a handful of assholes in masks, and some people legitimately interested in protecting people. Painted as the leftist equivalent to much more organized, much more violent hate groups, and any “both sides” narrative about C-Ville is only being spread by far right sources (such as the President)
They burned Berkley to the ground. There were more than just a handful of assholes.

Cotton

Staff member
Yup.

Townsend is the epitome of "just enough knowledge to be dangerous." He has done his wikipedia reading enough to go in depth on various histories and transgressions but his own personal biases paint everything on the right as way more diabolical than their leftist equivalents. Of course, everything the left does is much more harmless than an organized, oppressive, scheming alt-right.

Wait, this sounds like Alex Jones talking about a left wing conspiracy.
This was the point I was trying to make about Pelosi. Just because as side has some nutbags in it, doesn't meant the entire party is made up on nutbags.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
This was the point I was trying to make about Pelosi. Just because as side has some nutbags in it, doesn't meant the entire party is made up on nutbags.
Are you ok? Are you drinking or might you have a stroke?

Cotton

Staff member
Are you ok? Are you drinking or might you have a stroke?
You know what I meant, and yes, I might have had a minor stroke while typing that. :unsure

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not expected of them to unite, they are not expected to represent the US, but the President...
He did expect them to unite and pay respect to the flag and country as did millions of others. Some of us think that respecting the flag is preferable over a protest during the event. Protest before or after but not during.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It started when he butted into the league's business, making inflammatory comments about how they should be fired and more recently strong arming loyalist owners and Goodell into the policy change. If he left it alone and stayed out of it, this would not be a topic of conversation.
Showing respect for the flag isn't exclusively the Leagues business. He expressed what millions of others also felt. He didn't say he was against protesting he said he would fire anyone who doesn't respect the flag. that's a majority sentiment in my opinion.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Actually NYT has received a lot of reasonable criticism for their soft profile of a whire nationalist, and they’re frequent fluff pieces of right wing buffoons like Peterson or Shapiro, their ideas of how to help incels by “redistribution of sex”, and their willingness to give climate change deniers a platform, Maggie Haberman’s flaccid and chummy coverage of the white house (and her outrage over Michelle Wolfe’s smokey eye joke.

Obviously no source is perfect source, and any newspaper will have some bias, but honestly in many ways NYT has been softer on the alt-right than even right leaning publications.

Also buas doesn’t make facts wrong. If an Eagle’s fan says they have a better team than a Cowboys fan, they’ll probably bring up the score of the Superbowl. They’re simultaneously biased, and objectively correct,

Finally I think you should look into diving a little deeper into the impact of this radicalism. The Charleston shooting had a meaningful impact in this country, as did Charlottesville. I don’t think one person on UVA campus will forget seeing a bunch of assholes in Tiki Torches chant “Jews will not replace us”, likewise the men and women in local synagogues that had men with AK-47s post up outside their church,

The difference between leftists and right wing extremists is how frequently they show up in force, intimidate and attack journalists (Gavin McGinness just had his guys show up to a journalists house to threaten his family, and are even represented by politicians (not even in the sheepish apologizing of Trump, but sincere elected officials that fully endorse white nationalism.) The alt-right is jockeying to be a political force, and it’s doing so with the usual playbook far right organizations have relied on to gain a foothold. That just doesn’t exist on the left.
You keep claiming it doesn't exist on the left, I don't think that's true.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

:lol

Not divisive.
Definitely divisive. Total douche move.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
He did expect them to unite and pay respect to the flag and country as did millions of others. Some of us think that respecting the flag is preferable over a protest during the event. Protest before or after but not during.
Barkley already said it, they are not role models, they were not obligated to stand according to their contract nor by law, and as stated many times if you don't like it don't buy it, watch it or whatever you want. But they were within their rights.

On the other hand you have the president who instead of looking for talking points, mending fences, uniting, etc. throws a hissy fit, nevermind that no eagle took a knee nor stayed in the locker all season long, because a couple of players don't want to shake his hand and act like he's all that, and cancels an event...

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Showing respect for the flag isn't exclusively the Leagues business. He expressed what millions of others also felt. He didn't say he was against protesting he said he would fire anyone who doesn't respect the flag. that's a majority sentiment in my opinion.
It isn't his fucking business.

All he was looking to do was fire up the knuckle dragger base.

Most of which probably don't even display a fucking flag, or if they do, do so improperly.

This was all about firing up blue collar whites who feel blacks shouldn't be making millions playing a game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It isn't his fucking business.

All he was looking to do was fire up the knuckle dragger base.

Most of which probably don't even display a fucking flag, or if they do, do so improperly.

This was all about firing up blue collar whites who feel blacks shouldn't be making millions playing a game.
You are out of your mind.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Barkley already said it, they are not role models, they were not obligated to stand according to their contract nor by law, and as stated many times if you don't like it don't buy it, watch it or whatever you want. But they were within their rights.

On the other hand you have the president who instead of looking for talking points, mending fences, uniting, etc. throws a hissy fit, nevermind that no eagle took a knee nor stayed in the locker all season long, because a couple of players don't want to shake his hand and act like he's all that, and cancels an event...
Some of us throw a “hissy fit”. because certain things are sacred to us. The flag and what it stands for happens to be one of those things. It’s a matter of watching some show their utter disrespect of this country by choosing this particular time to vent their protests. It simply is not the appropriate time to display your own agendas by trampling on the very time when so many are trying to show their allegence to this country. It is an outrage and there are those of us who will never bend to the point of being okay with this kind of conduct. I am actually glad to see the countrys leader take a position to try to preserve this show of respect for the country.

Top Bottom