6th Round Pick: Deuce Vaughn, RB, Kansas State

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I hope Luepke kicks ass, but there's nothing like the Deuce cuts leaving people looking like junior high kids.

You know what's cool... Type in "Deu" in the YouTube search engine and all the suggestions are for Deuce Vaughn.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hope Luepke kicks ass, but there's nothing like the Deuce cuts leaving people looking like junior high kids.

You know what's cool... Type in "Deu" in the YouTube search engine and all the suggestions are for Deuce Vaughn.
Ten years ago, that might have been cool.

Now it is tied into all the shit that you have been searching and shows how while it looks easier for you, it really isn't.

Type in "Deu" a decade ago, you get something different.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I never use youtube on roku though, because I hate the ads. So it's not that in this case.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If this one has been posted before, fuck off...I will post again.

A full half hour of goodness.

There is a nice play at the 6:10 mark. He is clowning the Longhorns, including Overshown several times.

I also watched a career highlight vid of Tyler Luepke. :drool

He's going to be a pain in the ass for teams for a good while. I can't wait.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This was like every play.

I am not going to watch a full game tape of NDSU against Jacksonville State. Or Valparaiso.

But watching the highlights was cool, and looking how his role developed.

Special bonus, the local ND broadcaster said Tatanka after one of his many touchdowns.

That is a cool TD announcement.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This was like every play.

I am not going to watch a full game tape of NDSU against Jacksonville State. Or Valparaiso.

But watching the highlights was cool, and looking how his role developed.

Special bonus, the local ND broadcaster said Tatanka after one of his many touchdowns.

That is a cool TD announcement.
~sigh~

You blasphemed by calling him TYLER Leupke.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Vaughn is going to bring some serious juice to the offense, it's going to be nice having a second RB who is actually a legitimate threat out of the backfield compared to the complete lunacy that was motioning Elliott out into the formation and running routes.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vaughn is going to bring some serious juice to the offense, it's going to be nice having a second RB who is actually a legitimate threat out of the backfield compared to the complete lunacy that was motioning Elliott out into the formation and running routes.
Yeah the more I watch him the more I realize he wasn't just a stellar rusher. His receiving is elite. Not sure how it all translates to the NFL yet but it could turn out pretty damn fun. I hope they don't just use him as a gadget guy. He is a legit all around RB.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah the more I watch him the more I realize he wasn't just a stellar rusher. His receiving is elite. Not sure how it all translates to the NFL yet but it could turn out pretty damn fun. I hope they don't just use him as a gadget guy. He is a legit all around RB.
McClay said he's someone we can run our whole offense with, that's TBD of course and I'm skeptical about the pass protection, but I don't see why he can't get 8-10 touches a game in the normal flow of the offense.

We'll see whether or not it's lip service but I think it's definitely realistic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McClay said he's someone we can run our whole offense with, that's TBD of course and I'm skeptical about the pass protection, but I don't see why he can't get 8-10 touches a game in the normal flow of the offense.

We'll see whether or not it's lip service but I think it's definitely realistic.
Yeah, I mean I'm not expecting him to be a workhorse. Honestly I don't really think we need that. We need someone who can share the workload with Pollard. You really don't want Pollard carrying the ball more than 15 times a game. Hopefully this kid can pick up that slack with Ronald Jones chipping in here or there. Our two minute offense is definitely more exciting with Vaughn or Pollard on the field.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah the more I watch him the more I realize he wasn't just a stellar rusher. His receiving is elite.
Yep, I've been a fan of his for years but I didn't realize how many passes he caught... and not dumpoffs or screens, but passes down the field.

And a lot of those passes were pretty off target, too. But no problem for him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
but will his height limit his pass catching? The NFL is so much different than college.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Here is Sproles in college.

Compare and contrast.

one thing I see is that Vaughn is/was (in college) significantly better catching the ball than Sproles.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
but will his height limit his pass catching? The NFL is so much different than college.

That's the one thing I think his height will really hold him back on. He'll be able to catch screens and dumpoffs definitely. But down the field where he's covered? I think he'll be limited there.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That's the one thing I think his height will really hold him back on. He'll be able to catch screens and dumpoffs definitely. But down the field where he's covered? I think he'll be limited there.
Well coming from Dak who throws low anyways it should be a perfect pass.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The little guy doesn’t need a lot of room to operate and can get to open space in no time. His best attack seems to be up the middle then juking the defensive secondary. They are grabbing air most of the time. He is especially good at keeping his momentum in a fairly straight line once he clears the line.

Top Bottom