49ers Stuff.....

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’m in the minority I guess. I love the matchup on paper. I think our defense can shut down their running game and take the ball away from Garrapolo.

I’m expecting a decisive win.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
People are in here worrying over prospective playoff matchups, but I guarantee you there are fans on other team's boards doing the same shitting over facing our offensive weapons and opportunistic defense, too.

Every team in the playoffs this year has had games where they've been firing on all cylinders. And others where they've played like dogshit. If we play well, there is not a team we can't beat. If we don't, there is not a team we can't lose to. And the truth is, the same goes for every team still going.

Who gets got, who stays healthy, and who do the refs decide to fuck the least?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Weird that we're on CBS. Guess that means Romo and Nantz.

data

Forbes #1
Cowboys now 3 point favorites. Essentially even without homefield.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
People are in here worrying over prospective playoff matchups, but I guarantee you there are fans on other team's boards doing the same shitting over facing our offensive weapons and opportunistic defense, too.

Every team in the playoffs this year has had games where they've been firing on all cylinders. And others where they've played like dogshit. If we play well, there is not a team we can't beat. If we don't, there is not a team we can't lose to. And the truth is, the same goes for every team still going.

Who gets got, who stays healthy, and who do the refs decide to fuck the least?
This is exactly it, what matters more is which Cowboys team shows up, not who we're playing.

If we play well we will likely win whether we're playing the 49ers, Rams or Cardinals, if we come out sleep-walking and half-assing we could easily lose to any of those teams.

There's something scary about every team in the playoffs except the Eagles, although even if we had drawn them people would be worrying about being able to beat them 3 times in a season, how we just demolished them last week, etc.

With the Rams you have arguably the best individual WR, DL and CB in the league, and two double-digit sack types.

With the Cardinals you have probably the most exotic defense in the league (which seemingly confuses things for Dak), the best safety combo in the league, two double digit edge rushers, and a QB who seems to match up well with our defensive tendencies (Man heavy) with his love of throwing 50/50 balls, ability to run and the fact that he plays in AT&T Stadium with a HARD-ON.

And to be fair, if the Eagles run game is on and they can shorten the game with a few mistakes from their opponent even they can make things interesting.

There is plenty to be concerned about with the 49ers but at the end of the day, if we're on, we'll win.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Of course we can beat them, I just don't like the dynamics of it. We've had a blah last third or so of the season, beating bad teams, losing to some mediocre ones plus the Cards. They're coming out of the toughest division in football playing much better than they did earlier in the year.

The defense has to be ready to tackle Deebo and Dak has to be significantly better than Jimmy G for us to win.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Of course we can beat them, I just don't like the dynamics of it. We've had a blah last third or so of the season, beating bad teams, losing to some mediocre ones plus the Cards. They're coming out of the toughest division in football playing much better than they did earlier in the year.

The defense has to be ready to tackle Deebo and Dak has to be significantly better than Jimmy G for us to win.
Our best is better than their best, so of course we can beat them.

Their weaknesses (OL in pass protection and secondary) match up well with our strengths (pass rush trio and WR's) in our favor. They have one of the worst pass defenses in the playoffs and outside of Bosa don't have much that will scare you in terms of a pass rush.

If we can contain their run game and not allow Samuel to run wild our pass rush will feast on Garoppolo and he'll inevitably turn the ball over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom