2024 Senior Bowl Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watching the Senior Bowl stuff from. the week now and man Sweat and Robinson are both really impressive on the Dline. For a 360 pound man Sweat was more than just bull rushing dudes. Saw a swim move and other stuff. Just straight up bullying guys.

The Missouri DE was really good too. At 290 is pounds he looks like a DE but was nasty when he did pass rushes on the interior and exterior. At first I was afraid he was a bit of a tweener but I honestly think he could be really good at either spot. He looks natural at both. At that weight he doesn't look fat at all just long and athletic.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sad but I understand. Penix has a history of injuries. Probably not a good idea to tempt fate. The other team has like 4 QBs. Too bad they can't swap a QB over. Not really fair to that QB though.

If I were Nix I'd ask for as many series as I can get. This is your chance to be QB4.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Watching the Senior Bowl stuff from. the week now and man Sweat and Robinson are both really impressive on the Dline. For a 360 pound man Sweat was more than just bull rushing dudes. Saw a swim move and other stuff. Just straight up bullying guys.

The Missouri DE was really good too. At 290 is pounds he looks like a DE but was nasty when he did pass rushes on the interior and exterior. At first I was afraid he was a bit of a tweener but I honestly think he could be really good at either spot. He looks natural at both. At that weight he doesn't look fat at all just long and athletic.
Robinson is interesting, looks like a poor man's DeForest Buckner to me, he's gotten Arik Armstead comparisons as well which makes sense. Might be something akin to a Denico Autry in terms of a massive DE who is really a DT/DE tweener who dominates the run off the edge, squeezes the pocket with his power when lined up on the edge, and can dominate rushing from the interior.

He isn't my top choice at 24 but I'd be happy with him, maybe the best way to put it would be he's one of my top backup plans if there isn't a clear BPA situation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Robinson is interesting, looks like a poor man's DeForest Buckner to me, he's gotten Arik Armstead comparisons as well which makes sense. Might be something akin to a Denico Autry in terms of a massive DE who is really a DT/DE tweener who dominates the run off the edge, squeezes the pocket with his power when lined up on the edge, and can dominate rushing from the interior.

He isn't my top choice at 24 but I'd be happy with him, maybe the best way to put it would be he's one of my top backup plans if there isn't a clear BPA situation.
He looks more flexible than Armstead/Buckner. Those guys looked more like tall DTs to me. He looks more like a real DE who just happens to be 290 pounds. And can pass rush well from the inside. Leonard Williams is actually more the comp I think I would give. Obviously not as great of a college career.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah not my top choice but a guy who a week ago I probably would have said no thank you. Now I kind of like him. He has grown on me while watching him. The Senior Bowl can be a little fools gold sometimes though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah not my top choice but a guy who a week ago I probably would have said no thank you. Now I kind of like him. He has grown on me while watching him. The Senior Bowl can be a little fools gold sometimes though.
I was thinking he'd be a strong 2nd round option, maybe a trade down option, but with how he looked at the Senior Bowl I'd be fine with him in the first. I went back and watched some of his Missouri games and it all tracks, he'll be primarily an interior rusher in the NFL but he has the power to provide some rush off the edge primarily based around a bull and his raw power.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching now and calling it now. Those 3rd round grades on Fiske are too low.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ugly Boy Rattler looking good. He just needs to wear a visor and keep his head gear on at all times. If league rules allowed it, a full visor like a motorcycle helmet would be great.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Nice return on that interception. Good to see someone actually try to avoid tackles and get every yard they can instead of just heading OB.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He caught my eye a bit in the ACC Championship, seems like a designated pass rusher type only so I don't think I'd take him in the 2nd, 3rd sounds right but he probably won't make it to the end of the round.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Is the competition in this game decent enough to tell? I haven't kept up, but I know a ton of guys went home.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know who had an awful week and has been bad in the game. Walker from UNC. I think it's just in his head at this point. Athletic WR who was great for UNC but man it's like in his head or something. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is the competition in this game decent enough to tell? I haven't kept up, but I know a ton of guys went home.
The week of practice had a lot of talent. Feels like a lot of dudes bolted though. Like one team only has 3 receivers at this point. Hartman is playing 3/4ths of the game. A lot of the best players all week aren't out there. Hell Fisk had to swap teams because one team only had 3 Dlineman.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know who had an awful week and has been bad in the game. Walker from UNC. I think it's just in his head at this point. Athletic WR who was great for UNC but man it's like in his head or something. I kind of feel bad for the guy.
He may be the fastest guy there but he cannot track a football in flight.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Player notes I had after watching:

Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina – Bless his ugly ass face, but he did nicely. I would take him no later than the 3rd and put a bag over his head.

Bo Nix, QB, Oregon - I don't get why anyone would elevate a guy of his age into the first. I would get it if he plays like a stud, but he really doesn't. He did not play a bunch, but he looked pretty ordinary.

Michael Pratt, QB, Tulane - He was one guy I was looking forward to seeing how he would do. That said, he had a forgettable game and disappointed me.

Sam Hartman, QB, Notre Dame - The guy needs to prepare to sell insurance or houses or even cars. His arm is nowhere close to what is needed, he has slow eyes and his decisions are dorkish.

Joe Milton, QB, Tennessee - He looks fun to watch at first glance, but you can really tell he cannot read coverages and is not willing to get rid of the ball when he has no win on the play and is all run first.

Emani Bailey, RB, TCU - Good quicks and surprising power for his size. Well worth a UDFA invite if not a late round pick. He is not special but very efficient with the ball in his hands. He moves upfield.

Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire - My lil' white RB did okay. Shifty.

Isaiah Davis, RB, South Dakota State – Another whitey. First white Isaiah

Devontez Walker, WR, North Carolina - The dude can't track the ball in flight. Unless he gets to run into an overthrown ball, he has zero ability to fight through any sort of contact at all. He is a guy now firmly on my overrated list.

Javon Baker, WR, Central Florida - He is just nifty looking and played smart.

Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State – He is a good blocker and above all else, a smart one. He knows how to use power and when.

Trevor Bortolini, C, Wisconsin – When you look at him, he looks really small. But he gets himself into position and understands how to get low. He went solo against Sweat playing OG and still did well.

Austin McNamara, P, Texas Tech - I just threw this in here to see if some of you people are paying attention.

Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State - An active player who was extremely quick off the ball. He was good at FSU this past year, but he showed me more in terms of being disruptive in this game than I expected. The OL he went against are not top shelf, but if this were a game that was taken for keeps, he should have had at least three clear and undisputable holding calls on him. That kind of impact matters.

Marcus Harris, DT, Auburn – He was consistently making plays. I have never paid attention to him before but I will have to go back and see more.

Trevon Wallace, LB, Kentucky – He is big and was able to fill against the run. I don’t think he is a high round pick, but he is on my radar from now on.

Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina – He was comfortable in run support and dropping back. He was generally where he was supposed to be and wasn’t weak in terms of handling traffic and contact.

Chris Braswell, LB, Alabama - Perhaps the no blitzing rules hurt him, but he barely showed up to me.

Evan Williams, S, Oregon – He had a clever INT off of Milton that was a poorly thrown pass he threw across his own body. But those count too. He can cover ground in a hurry.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
@boozeman

I saw your throw in and you shall not use a Texas Tech player in that way. Only glowing reports shall be provided.

Top Bottom