2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

CowboyRoy

Whoa An Active DCCer
This is why you try to work out a trade this week and see if Dak will waive the no-trade clause. You roll with Lance and see what he has. If the talent is there, you keep him. If it isn’t, then you draft a QB next year.
I can tell you that Lance is one of the worst QB's I have EVER seen when he played for the Niners. Now has he somehow developed the last year? I doubt it.

CowboyRoy

Whoa An Active DCCer
Eh, he's largely responsible for the Joneses taking this approach.

Aside from the RB position, last year they went out added quality players around him during the offseason, and he still choked once the playoffs rolled around. Three years in a row, that's been his calling card.
You mean aside from the running game, an Oline that played poorly in the playoffs and a defense that allowed 6 out of seven consecutive scoring drives and of those 6, 5 were TDs? A defense that also gave up 3 straight TD drives coming out of half time? Not defending the QB by any stretch, but to blame the QB for the GB debacle is almost laughable.

There isnt a a QB in NFL history that could have won that game with the way the defense got torched.

Defense had zero turnovers, zero sacks, and gave up over 40 points.

The argument starts with the defense and the coaching. We would be better off to simply say the entire team choked. Bottom line is that we lost the game before it even started with the game plan on both sides of the ball.

CowboyRoy

Whoa An Active DCCer
I think you can make an argument that last year was "all in" if we're grading on the Jerry/Stephen curve.
Exactly. Based on the Jerry curve, LAST year was all in. This year they knew they would have to pay the piper. And thats exactly what is happening.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I can tell you that Lance is one of the worst QB's I have EVER seen when he played for the Niners. Now has he somehow developed the last year? I doubt it.
He's played in a total of 4 games. So, if he's the "worst QB you've EVER!!!1!!! seen" then you haven't watched a lot of football. His sample size is way too small to make any true assessment. Now, I'm not suggesting that he's some superstar. He isn't. But I'm also not willing to say that he's some failure either. We honestly don't know. He needs a full season, and perhaps two, for anyone to have a complete view of him.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's played in a total of 4 games. So, if he's the "worst QB you've EVER!!!1!!! seen" then you haven't watched a lot of football. His sample size is way too small to make any true assessment. Now, I'm not suggesting that he's some superstar. He isn't. But I'm also not willing to say that he's some failure either. We honestly don't know. He needs a full season, and perhaps two, for anyone to have a complete view of him.
But don't you think there's a reason we haven't seen him in a QB-starved league?

Mike is good with QBs, so maybe he can develop Lance into something. It would be amazing if he could. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yeah. He’s been mostly injured. He was set to take over for Garrapolo until he was injured again.

He came here late, and we already had an entrenched starter and backup. Not much chance for playing time there.
I was just about to say the same thing. Injuries have held him back more than any potentially poor play.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah. He’s been mostly injured. He was set to take over for Garrapolo until he was injured again.

He came here late, and we already had an entrenched starter and backup. Not much chance for playing time there.
he'll get his chance to unseat Rush.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
You mean aside from the running game, an Oline that played poorly in the playoffs and a defense that allowed 6 out of seven consecutive scoring drives and of those 6, 5 were TDs? A defense that also gave up 3 straight TD drives coming out of half time? Not defending the QB by any stretch, but to blame the QB for the GB debacle is almost laughable.

There isnt a a QB in NFL history that could have won that game with the way the defense got torched.

Defense had zero turnovers, zero sacks, and gave up over 40 points.

The argument starts with the defense and the coaching. We would be better off to simply say the entire team choked. Bottom line is that we lost the game before it even started with the game plan on both sides of the ball.

Without a doubt, the defense played poorly but Dak wasn't exactly inspiring a lot of confidence. He had the deer-in-the-headlights look from the jump and if we noticed it, it's a safe bet his teammates noticed it as well. We were down 27-0 late in the 2nd quarter so all of his stats came when the game was already out of reach.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I was going to point that out but noticed it was from Shiek so I didn't want to know.

Top Bottom