2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

This does not seem normal.
Eh, he's largely responsible for the Joneses taking this approach.

Aside from the RB position, last year they went out added quality players around him during the offseason, and he still choked once the playoffs rolled around. Three years in a row, that's been his calling card.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Aside from the RB position, last year they went out added quality players around him during the offseason, and he still choked once the playoffs rolled around. Three years in a row, that's been his calling card.
That's been our calling since Aikman has left. I was happy with Gilmore and Cooks but let's not pretend like they went all in during the offseason. They flipped a couple late picks for cheap players.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That's been our calling since Aikman has left. I was happy with Gilmore and Cooks but let's not pretend like they went all in during the offseason. They flipped a couple late picks for cheap players.
Right, and then the 4th for Lance.

So it's baffling that they'd recuse themselves from free agency this year, knowing there aren't enough draft picks to fill out the roster.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

It’s a common play in the regular season as well. Play like shit for three quarters, get behind by a country mile, then put up a bunch of empty calorie stats in the 4th to come close to coming back only to fall short.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Fuck him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It’s a common play in the regular season as well. Play like shit for three quarters, get behind by a country mile, then put up a bunch of empty calorie stats in the 4th to come close to coming back only to fall short.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Fuck him.
One more year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right, and then the 4th for Lance.

So it's baffling that they'd recuse themselves from free agency this year, knowing there aren't enough draft picks to fill out the roster.
Yeah Lance helped us zero last year though. I'm still not sure what the plan is for him to help us at all. Other than as a fluffer to try to use leverage against Dak

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

But honestly it's a great strategy and helped a lot.

Genghis Khan

I'm honestly shocked that Gilmore is still a free agent. Dumb if we don't bring him back. He can't possibly be expensive at this point.

Genghis Khan

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Fuck him.

I don't think that's common in the regular season, given they've only lost 5 games for 3 years in a row. What you are describing is not at all common in the regular season.

The playoffs are really THE problem.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don't think that's common in the regular season, given they've only lost 5 games for 3 years in a row. What you are describing is not at all common in the regular season.

The playoffs are really THE problem.
I disagree. Having our asses handed to us by teams with above .500 records proves that out. He plays like dog shit against teams with winning records, with stats eerily similar to those of playoff teams.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'm not sure which would be worse. Losing Dak for a third round pick and having no plan to rebuild or keeping Dak and having no ability or idea how to build around him. Feels like damned if you do, damned if you don't.
This is why you try to work out a trade this week and see if Dak will waive the no-trade clause. You roll with Lance and see what he has. If the talent is there, you keep him. If it isn’t, then you draft a QB next year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is why you try to work out a trade this week and see if Dak will waive the no-trade clause. You roll with Lance and see what he has. If the talent is there, you keep him. If it isn’t, then you draft a QB next year.
That might cost the Jones some cash flow in reduced attendance/attention/merchandise.

Unacceptable

Top Bottom