2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Now can his safety tendons and ligaments handle that extra weight...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Assuming that we're going to draft a LB in the first 3 rounds (I don't think we necessarily need to but hey) we could have a very solid LB group.

You'd have Kendricks, Clark, Overshown and the rookie, depending on how Overshown has recovered that could potentially be 4 LBs that you'd be comfortable starting.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He weighed 229 at the Combine and ran in the 4.5's, I think he'll be fine.
And blew his knee out in his first training camp... :tippytoe

I'm rooting for the guy -- he's a very likeable kid. Just skeptical that he can hold up.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

Yeah, Prescott’s contract looks like an albatross and then you see Mahomes. This is more of a problem how our cap geniuses laid out the contract. It was set up to be a burden.
They did the same with Romo. If anyone recalls, his dreadful deal had to be reworked every year to avoid becoming a massive cap burden.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They did the same with Romo. If anyone recalls, his dreadful deal had to be reworked every year to avoid becoming a massive cap burden.
And then he got crippled and we ate that dead cap through Prescott. It is like we finance the QB position and have never reset.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
And then he got crippled and we ate that dead cap through Prescott. It is like we finance the QB position and have never reset.
Which is exactly why no team should ever structure contracts that way. It’s a fucking retarded way of doing business. You’d think the Clampett’s would’ve figured that out by now, but….nope.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Assuming that we're going to draft a LB in the first 3 rounds (I don't think we necessarily need to but hey) we could have a very solid LB group.

You'd have Kendricks, Clark, Overshown and the rookie, depending on how Overshown has recovered that could potentially be 4 LBs that you'd be comfortable starting.
They better be, because given the lack of/shitty DTs in front of them, they are going to be fighting through interior offensive linemen.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Which is exactly why no team should ever structure contracts that way. It’s a fucking retarded way of doing business. You’d think the Clampett’s would’ve figured that out by now, but….nope.

I'm all for shitting on the retards that run this team, but isn't that a pretty common way leaguewide to handle top of the market QB contracts?

Pushing money forward to build the roster today is kind of what a lot of people are clamoring for and they actually refuse to do it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm all for shitting on the retards that run this team, but isn't that a pretty common way leaguewide to handle top of the market QB contracts?

Pushing money forward to build the roster today is kind of what a lot of people are clamoring for and they actually refuse to do it.
Ugh yeah, Patrick Mahomes, he counts 37 mil against the cap this year. It's the most he has ever cost on the cap. The money is all pushed out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That is the real issue.
At this stage, if the Cowboys simply added a strong cap guru in their front office, it would work wonders.

But instead we have to have Goof Son being comfortable with some Arky dipshit who is completely unqualified.

For everyone that does not know, the Cowboys Cap Guy is this person:

1713104933411.png

And here is his resume:

1713104973096.png
1713105010003.png

That's it. That's his resume.

Fine...I am sure he was educated in college for this sort of thing.

1713105064702.png

Nope.

This is a big fat ass problem.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
At this stage, if the Cowboys simply added a strong cap guru in their front office, it would work wonders.

But instead we have to have Goof Son being comfortable with some Arky dipshit who is completely unqualified.

For everyone that does not know, the Cowboys Cap Guy is this person:

View attachment 694688

And here is his resume:

View attachment 694689
View attachment 694690

That's it. That's his resume.

Fine...I am sure he was educated in college for this sort of thing.

View attachment 694691

Nope.

This is a big fat ass problem.

Wait. He went from a waiter and equipment manager to director of salary cap/contracts?

Jesus fucking Christ. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom