2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, Ernie the jernalist with his credible "sources".

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Seems like Parsons insinuated on the SA Smith Show that they were tired because everyone plays Dallas like it is their Super Bowl.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Important part (only new part):

"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."
Damn, that's awesome.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

@Cotton

Can you post this article properly?
Hall of Fame coach Jimmy Johnson 'back in the fold' with Cowboys, Jerry Jones after Ring of Honor add

Just like the 1990's glory years, Jones is keeping Johnson as a close confidant once again

Garrett Podell

By Garrett Podell

3 hrs ago•1 min read

jonesjohnson.jpg

In the years following Hall of Fame coach Jimmy Johnson's departure from the Dallas Cowboys after winning consecutive Super Bowl titles in the 1992 and 1993 seasons, his relationship with team owner and general manager Jerry Jones was icy and bitter.

Today, their relationship has returned to it's original, familial form thanks to Jones inducting Johnson into the Cowboys' Ring of Honor at Dallas' regular season home finale against the Detroit Lions in Week 17 of the 2023 season.

"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."

The day of Johnson's Ring of Honor induction, he reflected on how clear is brotherhood with Jones is to everyone around him.

"It's funny because every time I'm with Jerry even here for the last hour or so, we tell stories back and forth and laugh and cut up and kind of like Terry Bradshaw said when he saw us together, the whole thing, he said, 'well, when you two guys are together, it's like a couple of brothers, you know, laughing, cutting up and telling stories,'" Johnson said.

Perhaps with Johnson having Jones' ear once again, the Cowboys' time to truly contend for Super Bowls may come again soon.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hall of Fame coach Jimmy Johnson 'back in the fold' with Cowboys, Jerry Jones after Ring of Honor add

Just like the 1990's glory years, Jones is keeping Johnson as a close confidant once again

Garrett Podell

By Garrett Podell

3 hrs ago•1 min read

jonesjohnson.jpg

In the years following Hall of Fame coach Jimmy Johnson's departure from the Dallas Cowboys after winning consecutive Super Bowl titles in the 1992 and 1993 seasons, his relationship with team owner and general manager Jerry Jones was icy and bitter.

Today, their relationship has returned to it's original, familial form thanks to Jones inducting Johnson into the Cowboys' Ring of Honor at Dallas' regular season home finale against the Detroit Lions in Week 17 of the 2023 season.

The day of Johnson's Ring of Honor induction, he reflected on how clear is brotherhood with Jones is to everyone around him.

"It's funny because every time I'm with Jerry even here for the last hour or so, we tell stories back and forth and laugh and cut up and kind of like Terry Bradshaw said when he saw us together, the whole thing, he said, 'well, when you two guys are together, it's like a couple of brothers, you know, laughing, cutting up and telling stories,'" Johnson said.

Perhaps with Johnson having Jones' ear once again, the Cowboys' time to truly contend for Super Bowls may come again soon.
Feh.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
this is like an-President getting a phony baloney job on the board of directors of a law firm or Fortune 500 company

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I feel it is sad that Jimmy Johnson being on an advisory board to Jerry Jones gives me more hope than anything since Bill Parcells was hired.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Rip the band aid off.
Why?

Assuming he's willing to take a hometown/injury discount of course.

He's still a Pro Bowl caliber player even if you have to deal with the annoying injuries, and we're uniquely situated with a guy like Tyler who can easily kick out to LT when needed.

It's not his fault the coaches were morons last year and kept starting Edoga when Tyron was out. If we resign Tyron I think we'll be in a very similar situation as we were in 2022 when we had a starting caliber backup OG in McGovern (now Bass) who can take over at LG with Tyler moving out to LT when needed.

Top Bottom