Mere Commoner
Claudine Gay is available

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why do I still do this to myself?

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
So Jerry has got himself in the kind of bind we all know he's totally ill-equipped to handle.

Option 1: Do nothing. Keep McCarthy and Dak. This is what he's mostly likely to choose, because he's cheap (hates paying fired coaches) and this is the easiest option for a lazy, incompetent GM. But if he does nothing, he'll have a lame-duck HC that no one -- fans, players, media, FO -- has any confidence in. The same applies to Dak. So Option leaves you with a HC and QB that are pre-programmed to fail. Again.

Option 2: Fire McCarthy, bring in another HC. You fire a HC with three 12-win seasons and two NFC East titles? Whoever you bring in has to do better than that -- with a proven choker at QB that no one has any confidence in. Good luck.

Option 3: Fire McCarthy, get rid of Dak (in a trade?) Huge risk, but what else can you do when the fans, players and the media believe the incumbent HC and QB are lame duck losers? Questionable whether any team would give up enough for Dak and pay his salary.

Anyone think Jerry will do a good job navigating all this?

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
espn guys wondering if Fat Mike even had the authority to change defensive game plan.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Fat Mike was totally clueless with his own offensive game plan.
I don't think the gameplan was terrible so much as the team just looked unprepared and Dak couldn't function under pressure as always.

What's most obvious was how terrible the defensive gameplan was and that gave us no chance to win that game.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I don't think it would come as a shock at all if Jerry had given all defensive authority to his highly paid DC. Especially if it was a condition to keep him from leaving for a HC job.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think it would come as a shock at all if Jerry had given all defensive authority to his highly paid DC. Especially if it was a condition to keep him from leaving for a HC job.

Shock? No.

Do I think that's what's going on? Also no.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Contract or not, I don't think any veteran coach like McCarthy would overrride an experienced, proven coach like Quinn. They might talk about strategy during the timeouts, etc., but to flatly overrule him? No. Quinn isn't some wet-behind-the-ears kid like a Kellen Moore.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
If I had to guess, I'd say that Jerry is some kinda half a fag that has a debilitating psychological need to be friends with his players, especially the superstars and entitles them accordingly.

Top Bottom