2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Flournoy spits fire, boy!

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
The last guy I remember them touting as a webback was Tavon Austin, and we all know that worked out tremendously awesome and he took the league by storm.
That was my first thought. I thought I was taking crazy pills for a second because didn't PF say the same thing about getting him a couple dozen touches per game? I swear he did.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Yep, here is that dipshit. Does he have early onset dementia? (Or is this more dumbassery from Downey?)

Determining What Tavon Austin's Role With The Cowboys Might Look Like
May 16, 2018 at 07:37 AM
18-Helman_Dave-HS

David Helman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas – It's amazing that, in this age of information, things can still get twisted so easily.
That applies to a million different facets of life – many of them being far more important than NFL football. But my job is to write stuff about the Dallas Cowboys, and sometimes I'm at a loss for how simple facts can become so confused.

For a latest example, I'm looking squarely at the acquisition of Tavon Austin back during the 2018 NFL Draft. The Cowboys sent a sixth-round pick to the Rams, and in exchange they received Austin – a diminutive, lightning fast skill player, originally drafted in the first round back in 2013.

I chose the phrase "skill player" deliberately, because at this point there's 18 different talking points about what he's going to do here. Stephen Jones and Jason Garrett confused the entire football world on draft weekend, when they continually referred to Austin as a "web back." Jones didn't make things any easier in the same press conference, when he suggested Austin might get the ball "a dozen to 20 times, two dozen times a game" in the Cowboys' offense. :doh :doh :doh

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yep, here is that dipshit. Does he have early onset dementia? (Or is this more dumbassery from Downey?)

18-Helman_Dave-HS

David Helman

FRISCO, Texas – It's amazing that, in this age of information, things can still get twisted so easily.
That applies to a million different facets of life – many of them being far more important than NFL football. But my job is to write stuff about the Dallas Cowboys, and sometimes I'm at a loss for how simple facts can become so confused.

For a latest example, I'm looking squarely at the acquisition of Tavon Austin back during the 2018 NFL Draft. The Cowboys sent a sixth-round pick to the Rams, and in exchange they received Austin – a diminutive, lightning fast skill player, originally drafted in the first round back in 2013.

I chose the phrase "skill player" deliberately, because at this point there's 18 different talking points about what he's going to do here. Stephen Jones and Jason Garrett confused the entire football world on draft weekend, when they continually referred to Austin as a "web back." Jones didn't make things any easier in the same press conference, when he suggested Austin might get the ball "a dozen to 20 times, two dozen times a game" in the Cowboys' offense. :doh :doh :doh

I'm starting to think this is dumbassery from Downey and we got sucked.

I find it hard to believe even an idiot like Jones re-used the exact same words.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
I'm starting to think this is dumbassery from Downey and we got sucked.

I find it hard to believe even an idiot like Jones re-used the exact same words.
"We"?

~ side eye to booze ~

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Pepperidge Farm remembers

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

18-Helman_Dave-HS

David Helman

It’s nice knowing I won’t be investing any weekends to this shitshow of a football team and it’s wrinkled dumbass “GM” Jerry Jones.
Thanks Jerruh!!

Top Bottom