2024 NFL Free Agency Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
More likely a reach in a subpar RB draft.
I mean I really like some of the RBs. But it feels a bit like most years for me. I like dudes in the 3rd/4th round. No one in the first. I'd probably be ok with a few of them in the second round but I'd feel like we are doing it based more on need than BPA.

I guess the difference is that in other years there are guys that I'd say I'd love to get in the second round. Not sure I feel that way in this draft. I really like LLoyd but he feels like an early third. Trey Benson is probably the one guy I'd take with our second round pick and feel good about it. He just feels like the closest thing to a full size back with the complete combination to be a legit starting NFL RB. I sort of feel the same way on Lloyd although he is a little shorter. If we take any RB besides those two in the second round, I'd certainly feel like it's a reach.

You want to take Allen, Corum, Davis, Wright or Estime, I'm just not thrilled unless it is the third round or later. There are some other guys to sprinkle in there. Maybe in the fourth I start getting comfortable with Jonathan Brooks. That's where I am at.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think at this point the RBs will be Cook, Dowdle, Deuce, maybe a draft pick, and Leupke.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We can't even pick from the scrub RBs pretty soon. But don't worry, Stephen is sure that some guys will get released, remain calm.
Almost has to be the draft or UDFAs at this point. We don't have the kind of OL that's going to make Joe anybody into a star.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think at this point the RBs will be Cook, Dowdle, Deuce, maybe a draft pick, and Leupke.
Would Cook take a blue-light special Jones deal?

And more importantly is he worn goods at this point?

Dallas needs a couple of bell cows.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Would Cook take a blue-light special Jones deal?

And more importantly is he worn goods at this point?

Dallas needs a couple of bell cows.
Cook is burnt at this point but what else are the cowboys going to do now that they sat on their hands.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd rather roll with two rookies than Delvin Cook. RB is just a position where fresh legs are key in my opinion.

Cook is not my preference, but if he has a low impact contract that we can easily get out of, I don't see anything wrong with bringing him in to compete with rookies in camp and see what happens.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Too rich for the Jones boys

Top Bottom