2024 NFL Free Agency Thread

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
I’m just guessing but I don’t think I’ve seen nearly this high of a percentage of one-year deals ever.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I’m just guessing but I don’t think I’ve seen nearly this high of a percentage of one-year deals ever.
This has gradually been building up the last few years, but it popped this year.

I just find it hard to imagine old head coaches can deal with it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

That sound you hear is the scraping of the bottom of the FA barrel now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, this is cheapness manifesting to an extreme that defies belief. It is deliberate and there should not be a fan out there believes a lie that says otherwise.
I get they will never say it, but if the plan is to hit the reset for this year I wish they would just say that as opposed to claiming "all in" while doing the exact opposite.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I get they will never say it, but if the plan is to hit the reset for this year I wish they would just say that as opposed to claiming "all in" while doing the exact opposite.
And I wish they'd actually consider trading Martin and Lawrence for picks, it'll never happen because they don't want fans to realize what they're actually doing, but if the plan is to build for 2025 and beyond I don't see what value Lawrence and especially Martin bring.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
And I wish they'd actually consider trading Martin and Lawrence for picks, it'll never happen because they don't want fans to realize what they're actually doing, but if the plan is to build for 2025 and beyond I don't see what value Lawrence and especially Martin bring.

Absolutely. Much better idea to stockpile resources for next year and bottom out for high picks than to end up at 8-9 and picking 17th.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

~thudding can against receptacle to get the crud off the bottom~

Top Bottom