2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Absolutely would pay that for Henry. But if 4 mil a year average was too rich for our blood I doubt we are going above 6.
Well, it is like I have been saying all along.

All it takes is for Goof Son to pull a lever and get a player for 6.5 for a year. It is not impossible.

But it is amazing how he has used the pie game to con so many imbeciles.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I dunno why I am punishing myself like this, but this can be fixed.

Get some money.

Sign Henry (or Jones), Jewell and then whatever. Keisean Nixon is already being courted by Diggs and Lamb.

Then you go into the draft with needs aligned at Center, DE, backup RB and maybe a WR.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not saying the Moss deal wasn't cheap, but I don't think he's that good, either. I'd hope we could do better.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not saying the Moss deal wasn't cheap, but I don't think he's that good, either. I'd hope we could do better.
We won’t spend the necessary on a Moss, how do we do better?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
We won’t spend the necessary on a Moss, how do we do better?
Just because we wouldn't spend it on him doesn't mean we couldn't spend it (or a little more) on someone else.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
I dunno why I am punishing myself like this, but this can be fixed.

Get some money.

Sign Henry (or Jones), Jewell and then whatever. Keisean Nixon is already being courted by Diggs and Lamb.

Then you go into the draft with needs aligned at Center, DE, backup RB and maybe a WR.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Ok, at some point aren't the tantrums a bit much? It's like this every year. Teams aren't really made on the first day of FA. Plenty of good players out there, and will be for a while.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ok, at some point aren't the tantrums a bit much? It's like this every year. Teams aren't really made on the first day of FA. Plenty of good players out there, and will be for a while.
Goof Son has a primitive point. Some of these players are getting pieces of pie way bigger than they should be getting.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Wait. Which is it. Salary cap hell is not a deal or all first day signings are bad because of contracts?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wait. Which is it. Salary cap hell is not a deal or all first day signings are bad because of contracts?
Part of the problem is that supposedly no face to face discussions take place with these signings. All communication goes through the agents and back channels. Some of the big name ones, you can’t help but know them. A lot of times it is a lookit, I know the player, okay? But find me the reason why a low level TE like Colby Parkinson is a legal tampering quality guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's both.
Yeah I mean it exists but not in the condition that the Cowboys portray. Throwing a bunch of shit against the wall like most of these teams makes no sense. For example I wasn't even sure I wanted Biadasz back because I want to get better at center. Yet to another team he was worth paying a 8 figure salary annually. Well if you do that he is your starter. Do you think he is going to be worth that starting spot? Or is he going to be cut in the next couple of years?

I'm willing to bet he is cut over the next couple years. So was that worth it?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah I mean it exists but not in the condition that the Cowboys portray. Throwing a bunch of shit against the wall like most of these teams makes no sense. For example I wasn't even sure I wanted Biadasz back because I want to get better at center. Yet to another team he was worth paying a 8 figure salary annually. Well if you do that he is your starter. Do you think he is going to be worth that starting spot? Or is he going to be cut in the next couple of years?

I'm willing to bet he is cut over the next couple years. So was that worth it?
There are ways to get around the cap. When Zach Moss gets 4 and they say that's too expensive it tells me that they aren't even interested in trying.

Top Bottom