2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Not hard to imagine Dak being injured after signing for 60 per, playing behind an OL riddled with rookies and UDFAs.

p1_

DCC 4Life
All he has to do is play to get the incentives.
True, but you think he's gonna get the kid gloves treatment for 17 weeks or however long he remains healthy? Maybe so, but Im thinking they expect him to establish some rapport with John Simpson.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
and his fellow olinemen dont have any bond with the new guy. They dont care about his lofty status as an LT. He's just another dude to them.

You are delusional if you think other OLinemen across the league don't tend to look up to a guy like that. They know who he is, they don't live in a bubble.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Whether they want to or not, they're going to have to pamper him like that to get him to Sundays.

That's right.

They aren't going to cut off their nose to spite their face.

They are going to do what it takes to give themselves the best chance to win, which includes having Tyron available for games. Just like we did.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are delusional if you don't think other OLinemen across the league don't tend to look up to a guy like that. They know who he is, they don't live in a bubble.
This is absolutely true. Although new team, new coach, new lineman next to him. You'd think they may need to work on things as a unit more so than say if Smith had stayed with the Cowboys. It will be interesting to see how it plays out for Smith. I have no hard feelings for the guy and I don't think any Cowboys fans should either. He is a HOF caliber talent who did an immense amount of stuff for this organization. Sucks that he couldn't retire a lifetime Cowboy but that's just really not the way of the NFL anymore unfortunately.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Sucks that he couldn't retire a lifetime Cowboy
I still really, really don't understand why this didn't happen.

Critical position, need starter, need depth, low cost contract, still playing at a high level, lifelong Cowboy holding a high bar in our locker room.

There's literally nothing worse than Rednecks over-thinking shit. This has that stink

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I still really, really don't understand why this didn't happen.

Critical position, need starter, need depth, low cost contract, still playing at a high level, lifelong Cowboy holding a high bar in our locker room.

There's literally nothing worse than Rednecks over-thinking shit. This has that stink
It really feels like the Clampett's are trying their best to set up both Dak and McCarthy to fail, or put Dak in a box where he may quietly demand a trade to allow them to get out from under his thumb.

Top Bottom