2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
All we are doing is creating a lame-duck scenario. It's like they want to set up McCarthy to fail.

Here's the thing, if creating this doomed to fail scenario was going to allow us to frame Prescott to dump him, fine, but we all know that we are going to re-sign him to his ridiculous $60m+ a year ask anyway.

But if we WERE just going to tear it down, fine. Let these players get away. But trade Prescott and start over.

They are stuck in retardville mediocrity.
I'd like to think that coach and qb have an NFC Champ Game ultimatum in 2024, but I said the same thing last year. Both are still here.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I can see this nightmare scenario continuing on day one of draft when we reach in first round for injured Rb then listen to the redneck retards blather on about how they still have faith in him despite his 3.8 ypc

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We need a real goddamn GM so bad.
We need that family to sell the team.

Sadly, it's like a family heirloom so I don't think they'll ever sell it.

And because every member of the family who comes up through the organization sees it being run the same way, they too are going to want to have the last word and be involved in all the football matters.

So long as that family owns the team, we're fucked.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We need that family to sell the team.

Sadly, it's like a family heirloom so I don't think they'll ever sell it.

And because every member of the family who comes up through the organization sees it being run the same way, they too are going to want to have the last word and be involved in all the football matters.

So long as that family owns the team, we're fucked.

It's a family heirloom yes, but also a cash cow.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's a family heirloom yes, but also a cash cow.
All the more reason why I never see them selling.

Jerry has been a great business man and quite the innovator for the NFL so there's no question that he's made the Cowboys as a brand even more lucrative.

With that being said, it's the fucking Cowboys. They were America's Team and arguably the league's most popular team BEFORE he even bought them. So, really, that thing can run itself from a revenue standpoint.

My point is, Spaulding or whomever else takes over one day won't even have to work hard to keep that cash cow flowing.

Just keep the team respectable and the money will keep on coming in.

And that makes it even less likely that they'll ever sell the team.

:cry

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
All we are doing is creating a lame-duck scenario. It's like they want to set up McCarthy to fail.

Here's the thing, if creating this doomed to fail scenario was going to allow us to frame Prescott to dump him, fine, but we all know that we are going to re-sign him to his ridiculous $60m+ a year ask anyway.

But if we WERE just going to tear it down, fine. Let these players get away. But trade Prescott and start over.

They are stuck in retardville mediocrity.
I wouldn't be shocked if they were setting up Prescott to look like shit before letting him go unless he takes what they consider a reasonable deal either during TC or after the season in the early part of 2025.

The Amari trade had a very personal feel to it and after the disappointment of last season I could easily see Stephen/Jerry taking it personally if Dak is asking to be the highest paid QB in the league after how the season ended, and with all the internal FA's we had.

So instead of pushing a bunch of money into the future to hold on to guys like Tyron, Pollard, etc., why not sit pat, clear the future books to an extent, bite the bullet now, put Dak in less than ideal circumstances and make him show he can carry a roster that has a few holes?

And if he takes a deal you think is fair? Great.

And if he doesn't? Well, you probably just had a disappointing 2024 so fuck him anyway and make him the scapegoat.

It's demented but I could easily see these chucklefucks thinking that way.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

All. Fucking. In.
Dillon and Foreman would be fine, I'd throw Mattison in there too, although like with everything it shows how unserious these guys are about winning when they could've gotten Henry or Jones for a reasonable price.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom