2024 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
At least there is a shred of evidence that well, Mike Zimmer might bang a gong for him because he knows the player, okay?

Relationships matter so much in this league. It is a layer that most of the media does not talk about honestly.
And Hunter will probably get a good 5-10 less per year than Jones.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
At least there is a shred of evidence that well, Mike Zimmer might bang a gong for him because he knows the player, okay?

Relationships matter so much in this league. It is a layer that most of the media does not talk about honestly.
I think that those relationships can be a pretty big detriment in the sense that it blinds these coaches to the talents of other players in the league that could help the team.

I know the player, OKAY?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think that those relationships can be a pretty big detriment in the sense that it blinds these coaches to the talents of other players in the league that could help the team.

I know the player, OKAY?
That has been going on since the dawn of time.

It is always about relationships.

It is why coaches usually hire their own damn kids to serve as assistant coaches.

Then you see the players that suck up the right guys, they find coaching jobs for life.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Speaking of the OL, I'm disappointed they didn't make a change at OL coach.

As for Tyron....given the size of his and Martin's contracts, it might be best to shed some salary on the OL. I say release Tyron and move Tyler out to LT.
Tyron Smith is zero, he's a free agent.

But yeah I'd like to get him back at a much reduced rate.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I feel confident we’ll sign a FA LB. No idea of Stephen’s budget allocation.

They really have to. There's no way they think they're ok with LVE, Clark, Overshown, a couple of spare parts and maybe a draft pick.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's probably a scary amount of kicking the can. People complain about Daks hit but look at Lawrence and Martin next year. That's how you get big cap hits for guys not on the roster any longer.
That DLaw one makes me sick.

Think how tired he'll be in 2025.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That DLaw one makes me sick.

Think how tired he'll be in 2025.
So as of today Martin and Lawrence combine for almost 50 mil of cap next year. They cost the equivalent of a franchise QB on our cap. I'm ok kicking the can and all but you can't kick too much or you'll end up with half your cap as dead cap at some point down the road.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If we had any guts, we'd bite the bullet and treat this as a step back transition year, but Jerry thinks we're close every year, so we won't.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If we had any guts, we'd bite the bullet and treat this as a step back transition year, but Jerry thinks we're close every year, so we won't.
Fat Mike ain’t down with that plan either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean I think if you're not extending Dak, that's absolutely what we should do this year. Don't cling to him for one more season. Find a way to dump him off at another's doorstep and start clearing cap space in future years. Why cling to him for one more year when you know he isn't going to be back after that and you know you're not winning the Superbowl. Sort of seems like a wasted year, when you could hit the reset, get a top pick or discover that Trey Lance doesn't suck.

Top Bottom