2024 Cowboys Draft Chatter thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I just noticed that people have started calling Caleb Williams LGBTQB1 ( :lol ) because he was recently spotted wearing pink fingernail polish, while holding a pink phone, and wearing pink lip gloss at a basketball game. (see below tweet)

There's also the GQ fashion shoot of him wearing a dress......which actually seems to be the trend for a lot of these younger athletes and Hollywood types.

Chicago's a blue collar, meat and potatoes town who accepted similar traits displayed by Rodman. But that was basketball. The NFL is a completely different animal when it comes to that stuff. It's going to be interesting to see how he's received by the fan base. It's pretty much a given that rival fan bases will be using this as ammunition.

Rodman was also a dog on the court though, if this guy acts like a sullen bitch on the field and is playing around like that off the field he's going to get run out of town unless they're making the playoffs every year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I don't remember Rodman jumping into his mama's arms in the stands and crying like a bitch after a loss, either.

Plus Rodman wasn't the leader of that team like a QB is supposed to be.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Cam Newton does the same, just with clothes
Now he does. But when Jerry Richardson owned the team he made sure Cam presented a clean cut, choir boy image.

If you go back and look you'll notice that Cam didn't start getting tattoos and wearing braids until Richardson was forced to sell the team.

If you're in certain markets these owners want the face of their franchise to present a "traditional/conservative" image. For instance, IMO Lamar Jackson is a great fit in Baltimore because the city is predominately black. If he were in Dallas, I think Jerry Jones would press him hard to cut his braids among other things.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Now he does. But when Jerry Richardson owned the team he made sure Cam presented a clean cut, choir boy image.

If you go back and look, you'll notice that Cam didn't start getting tattoos and wearing braids until Richardson was forced to sell the team.

If you're in certain markets, these owners want the face of their franchise to present a "traditional/conservative" image. For instance, IMO Lamar Jackson is a great fit in Baltimore because the city is predominately black. If he were in Dallas, I think Jerry Jones would press him hard to cut his braids among other things.
Never knew that about Newton/Richardson

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Rodman was also a dog on the court though, if this guy acts like a sullen bitch on the field and is playing around like that off the field he's going to get run out of town unless they're making the playoffs every year.

And by the time he got to Chicago, he was a proven commodity. Best rebounder in the game.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

If you go back and look you'll notice that Cam didn't start getting tattoos and wearing braids until Richardson was forced to sell the team.

If you're in certain markets these owners want the face of their franchise to present a "traditional/conservative" image. For instance, IMO Lamar Jackson is a great fit in Baltimore because the city is predominately black. If he were in Dallas, I think Jerry Jones would press him hard to cut his braids among other things.
He's pimped Cee Dee Lamb as one of the faces of the organization since the moment he drafted him. Why doesn't he press him hard to cut his braids?

And no. I don't think it's just a QB thing.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Right, I don't think Jerry would care about his QB wearing braids.

Now pink lipstick, nails, and purse... yeah.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
traditional/conservative

I don't think dressing normal is conservative. I don't think anyone would suggest that Caleb needs to wear a Cosby sweater.

If he were in Dallas, I think Jerry Jones would press him hard to cut his braids among other things.

I don't think that's true at all. There's a large gap between grooming and dressing like a normal modern person versus accessorizing like a Barbie.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't think that's true at all. There's a large gap between grooming and dressing like a normal modern person versus accessorizing like a Barbie.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think Jerry, much like Jerry Richardson, wants his QBs to look a certain way.

I don't think he'd be cool with Dak wearing cornrows like Iverson.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He's pimped Cee Dee Lamb as one of the faces of the organization since the moment he drafted him. Why doesn't he press him hard to cut his braids?

And no. I don't think it's just a QB thing.
Hell, Jerry Jones was pimping Greg Hardy as a leader. Remember that?

I think it's the QB thing. QBs are absolutely different.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think Jerry, much like Jerry Richardson, wants his QBs to look a certain way.

I don't think he'd be cool with Dak wearing cornrows like Iverson.
Dak just cut em all off. Sure Jerry approves.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Regarding pink nail polish, I've seen Michael Irvin wear it on the TV programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom