2024 Cowboys Draft Chatter thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Prepare to be kicked in the face, as most of those guys won’t be available at 24.
I think at least one, maybe two of them will be (Barton and JPJ primarily). No chance on Fuaga, maybe an outside chance on Fautanu.

I'm not down on Guyton though, I prefer JPJ and Barton but I think Guyton is a top 20 pick most years. I don't think he's that dissimilar of a prospect from someone like Charles Cross, Christian Darrisaw or Darnell Wright, he just doesn't have the starting experience you'd like.

He's a better LT prospect than Tyler Smith was coming out honestly, Smith had way more holes in his game, he just had really rare strength/power.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
We'll probably get stuck with Mims. Huge upside high bust potential. Guy only started like 8 games.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
We'll probably get stuck with Mims. Huge upside high bust potential. Guy only started like 8 games.
I'm afraid of that, too.

I really hope they aren't stuck on an OT. As coveted as that position is, I have a hard time believing the fourth (or whatever) best OT in this draft would be better than Tyler. They got very lucky to get him as late as they did, and I doubt that happens again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm afraid of that, too.

I really hope they aren't stuck on an OT. As coveted as that position is, I have a hard time believing the fourth (or whatever) best OT in this draft would be better than Tyler. They got very lucky to get him as late as they did, and I doubt that happens again.
I doubt they will be better than Tyler at LT. But if you find a good LT in the draft and get Tyler as an all-pro LG I guess that works. You just have to get a good Olineman period.

Mims is both scary and exciting. 6'8" 340 pound dudes who are pulverizing run blockers are exciting. But a dude who started only 8 games and got hurt during those games is scary. I see both sides of it.

Latham is the guy who I don't think has LT ability.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Mims is both scary and exciting. 6'8" 340 pound dudes who are pulverizing run blockers are exciting. But a dude who started only 8 games and got hurt during those games is scary. I see both sides of it.
I'm always wary of the physical "potential" guys who haven't done it and have questions. But after Mazi and even Sam Williams, I'm extra wary.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
There will be good players at 24 without a doubt. Probably some of the fastest WRs in the draft if we don't just have to have any OL in the first.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm always wary of the physical "potential" guys who haven't done it and have questions. But after Mazi and even Sam Williams, I'm extra wary.
I mean for 8 games the guy looked like a stud. But I definitely prefer the dudes who do it for 3 years as a starter. He is fun to watch. Sam Williams would be fun to watch, he just can't control himself.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't call Mims a "potential" guy, he dominated in the games he played, he just didn't play very many.

If he had played a full season last year at the level he played at during his 6 or whatever games, he'd be a top 10-15 pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't call Mims a "potential" guy, he dominated in the games he played, he just didn't play very many.

If he had played a full season last year at the level he played at during his 6 or whatever games, he'd be a top 10-15 pick.
Yeah, the little tape there is backs up that he is great on the field. He is definitely different than those other two guys. But it's just rare to see a guy this talented to have played so little in college.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, the little tape there is backs up that he is great on the field. He is definitely different than those other two guys. But it's just rare to see a guy this talented to have played so little in college.
Yea it's a strange situation, although on the flip side he started their two most important games in 2022 in the playoffs and dominated against Ohio St. in the semifinal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea it's a strange situation, although on the flip side he started their two most important games in 2022 in the playoffs and dominated against Ohio St. in the semifinal.
Yeah and we have seen it at other positions but I can't remember an Olineman like this before. Not one with first round ability.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom