2024 Cowboys Draft Chatter thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I feel confident we will sign a free agent LBer. Now the quality of that player is the question.

Right. A RB too (even if it's Pollard).

They will at least do just enough that they aren't desperate for any particular position. They usually do that much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right. A RB too (even if it's Pollard).

They will at least do just enough that they aren't desperate for any particular position. They usually do that much.
Yeah we may sign an Olineman but my guess is even if they let Biadasz go they will view Hoffman as serviceable although I don't love him. I think he is kind of weak. We will add a number at LBer and RB to make us less desperate. I'm hoping we sign a useful DT and we probably will if we move on from Hankins.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Sad, sad thing is we won’t draft a QB, because Jerry Jones thinks we already did by sending our 4th rounder to SF for Wasteofspace Lance.

The guy can’t play NFL football.

So we’ll draft an OL in the first before anyone was expecting that player to go, followed by an oft and currently injured defensive player (not a lineman though, any position BUT that) in the 2nd, and then a fringe RB/WR in the 3rd.

The remainder of the draft will be non-starter linebackers, DBs, and project OL.

Serously, we could be staring at Patrick Mahomes at pick 24 and they would pass.

We’ll actually hit on a couple of them and our first rounder, so the draft will look passable

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sad, sad thing is we won’t draft a QB, because Jerry Jones thinks we already did by sending our 4th rounder to SF for Wasteofspace Lance.

The guy can’t play NFL football.

So we’ll draft an OL in the first before anyone was expecting that player to go, followed by an oft and currently injured defensive player (not a lineman though, any position BUT that) in the 2nd, and then a fringe RB/WR in the 3rd.

The remainder of the draft will be non-starter linebackers, DBs, and project OL.

Serously, we could be staring at Patrick Mahomes at pick 24 and they would pass.

We’ll actually hit on a couple of them and our first rounder, so the draft will look passable
Most of this is probably true but there's a 0% chance we take an OL in the first who isn't projected to be taken within about 5-7 spots one way or the other.

The only guy seriously under consideration who isn't a consensus first is Zach Frazier, who is likely going to be a top 40 pick either way.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Most of this is probably true but there's a 0% chance we take an OL in the first who isn't projected to be taken within about 5-7 spots one way or the other.

The only guy seriously under consideration who isn't a consensus first is Zach Frazier, who is likely going to be a top 40 pick either way.
I recall 2013 when everyone drafted OL and Dallas traded down and settled for a guy everyone thought was a 3rd round prospect with the last pick in the first round.

BTW, is it me or does very top OL candidate this year seem to have some key flaw?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recall 2013 when everyone drafted OL and Dallas traded down and settled for a guy everyone thought was a 3rd round prospect with the last pick in the first round.

BTW, is it me or does very top OL candidate this year seem to have some key flaw?
I don't think so. I mean there are going to be some warts at pick 24. You're not going to get Orlando Pace who has amazing power, pass protection, size, technique and movement skills that low in the draft. But the warts that you can fix are what are most important. Like Tyler Smith in hindsight his biggest wart was just technique, he had the work ethic, we corrected the technique and suddenly he is an all pro.

Travis Frederick supposedly had warts too. Yet all of us would kill to have him back at center. He supposedly didn't move well enough or wasn't light on his feet. Well he moved plenty well to be an all pro caliber center.

Jackson Powers-Johnson appears to be about as perfect of a center prospect as you can get for example. Size, athleticism, power, pass protection. It's all sort of there.

Graham Barton isn't that far behind to me. Not as experienced at center as I would like but the guy is athletic, he is a finisher, he can get movement, he can anchor. Like not much there not to love.

Of course these guys go to the NFL and things can change. Someone who dominates college talent doesn't always dominate NFL talent.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea and Frederick was a monster, sign me up for that every day of the week.

In terms of this class, yea there are plenty of guys who are "projects" for one reason or another, but it's also one of the best classes in years with guys who will be available at our pick that likely go top 20 most years.

Tyler was a "project" as well coming out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We need a good OL coach for that, though.
I honestly think it's that Oline guru that our guys all work with in Dallas. He does a good job with these guys. Blanking on his name right now but Tyler Smith for example has worked a lot with him.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I honestly think it's that Oline guru that our guys all work with in Dallas. He does a good job with these guys. Blanking on his name right now but Tyler Smith for example has worked a lot with him.
Duke?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You are fucking nasty, Mr. McNastyShit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom