2024 College Football Chatter

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I thought this could happen back in September/October when he came off the field looking all disheveled.

Good for him for knowing when to step down.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
How quickly will it be before Dabo Swinney is announced as Bama's next head coach?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought this could happen back in September/October when he came off the field looking all disheveled.

Good for him for knowing when to step down.
My guess is there will be a mass exodus of the old guard over the next few seasons.

Dealing with NIL and the transfer portal has to be a massive headache for these older guys....in basketball and football.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess is there will be a mass exodus of the old guard over the next few seasons.

Dealing with NIL and the transfer portal has to be a massive headache for these older guys....in basketball and football.
Well yeah, you recruit your ass off to get a kid and if he doesn't start in year one he starts looking at other options. If he does start and does well, other teams will pay him suddenly top money. It creates a weird sort of parity where Saban can't stock 5 star recruits as his second and third stringers.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well yeah, you recruit your ass off to get a kid and if he doesn't start in year one he starts looking at other options. If he does start and does well, other teams will pay him suddenly top money. It creates a weird sort of parity where Saban can't stock 5 star recruits as his second and third stringers.
Also, the new 12 team playoff system will make it harder for the same few teams to reach the title game.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jimbo Fisher so A&M can pay him to coach there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Anyone but Dabo?

How about Jason Garrett?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It could happen.

I hope all the top coaches say fuck it to Bama. They think they are so great that they can just pluck a head coach from another top tier school like everyone is dying to coach Alabama. But Saban has gotten the expectations through the roof there. You better be a top 4-5 team every year or they will turn on their next head coach on a dime. That's a lot of pressure.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hope all the top coaches say fuck it to Bama. They think they are so great that they can just pluck a head coach from another top tier school like everyone is dying to coach Alabama. But Saban has gotten the expectations through the rough there. You better be a top 4-5 team every year or they will turn on their next head coach on a dime. That's a lot of pressure.
Now it looks like DeBoer. I dunno I am partial to Kiffin’s kid just to keep the hate going.

Top Bottom