2024 3rd Round Pick - Marist Liufau, LB, Notre Dame

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How the frick do you immediately start talking about special teams for a third rounder? :doh

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
87. Dallas Cowboys: Marist Liufau, LB, Notre Dame
After a brilliant first two rounds, the Cowboys reached here — Liufau (6-2, 234) was a projected sixth-round prospect. He is a high-energy player and likely a four-facet special teamer, but this was way too high. There were multiple starting-caliber interior linebackers available at this point. Liufau might get there, just not for a few years.

Grade: C-minus

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Because that's what your fourth LBer does?

Which is why I wanted another LB later. This all just seems so retarded to me.

You need a starter at RB and a 4th LBer, and in the 3rd freaking round you pick the LB? And it's not like the LB is the better prospect and BPA or anything.

I'm just baffled.

Even if he steps up and beats out Clark or something, it's not going to be a huge upgrade or anything.

I'm flummoxed at the logic here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They were doing so well up to then.....
They always feel the need to do this. It's like, we could have drafted Lloyd and had a legit shot at this kid in the fifth. And if another team took him, oh well.

All will be well if he turns into a player. But just seems like a poor use of really limited amount of picks. I mean was he really that high on our board? Or did someone fall in love with him?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need a starter at RB and a 4th LBer, and in the 3rd freaking round you pick the LB? And it's not like the LB is the better prospect and BPA or anything.
I agree. Now if we had taken a guy like Wilson, I'd say well his body might break down but I think he could also be so good that he beats out one of the top 3 guys.

You draft a RB and he is instantly the best RB on the roster.

Top Bottom